Author Topic: Am I too old for surgery!!!  (Read 3997 times)

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
I am 29 years old. I am a gyne victim since 18. I am wondering whether I am too old for surgery? I have been living with the moderate gyne condition for the last 11 years. I got some health problems also.At times, I tend to think that this is not the age to go for surgery. rather i should focus on my health and career. Do people undergo surgery for this at this age also?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Do people undergo surgery for this at this age also?

29 is nothing .. I was 50 when I had my surgery 2 months ago.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
29 is not to old :D i was 31 when i had surgery. shit u have about 60 years left in your life. 29 is like baby age ;D
i finally feel like im a man

DrBermant

I am 29 years old. I am a gyne victim since 18. I am wondering whether I am too old for surgery? I have been living with the moderate gyne condition for the last 11 years. I got some health problems also.At times, I tend to think that this is not the age to go for surgery. rather i should focus on my health and career. Do people undergo surgery for this at this age also?

I operate on many patients older and have done several in their 60's.  The problem of gynecomastia deformity trangresses age.  My older patients often regret not having surgery done earlier.  I am just editing a new HDTV tape of one patient in his 50's who did have surgery done at a younger age, but not very well elsewhere.  The emotion is just remarkable and he stresses his regrets as not having the revision problem addressed earlier. On the same HDTV raw footage tape is the emotional concerns of a 14 year old also celebrating his chest after surgery. Listen to the concerns and emotions of this 40 year old male having gynecomastia male chest lift surgery for this problem

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline jackmac

• Posting Member
you are on perfect age/point to get the surgery done.

i am 25.. will have it done before 27.. thats MUST.......

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude.... you're never too old to cross over to the 'Other Side'.... 

My gyne first appeared when I was approx 10 years of age. Lived with the shyte for 31 years and had it removed when I was 41.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Dude.... you're never too old to cross over to the 'Other Side'.... 

My gyne first appeared when I was approx 10 years of age. Lived with the shyte for 31 years and had it removed when I was 41.

John.

Same for me.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
I was 37 years old when I had my first one done.... and 38 when I had my last 2 done !!! (2.5 months ago)

Too young........... COMMON!   NEVER

If it helps you regain confidence and a feeling of freedom, you are never to old

Getter Done!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Too young........... COMMON!   NEVER

If it helps you regain confidence and a feeling of freedom, you are never to old

Getter Done!

Well said dude!

Like you said.....  'Git-r-Done'....  ;)

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

My older patients often regret not having surgery done earlier.

However, it is only in the last several years that GRS techniques have been refined to the point of 'acceptable' results. Yes... No... ?

Paa_Paw says that GRS has only been available for the past 20 years (give or take a few....).

John.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 10:04:09 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline flex1appeal

I had developed gyno when I was 27 and didn't get rid of it until just this year. I am now 34 almost 35 next month. Never too old.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The originator of this thread asked specifically about age but admitted to some health problems.

Age is not an issue as has been very well indicated in the previous responses. Sometimes though, health issues can make a person a poor surgical candidate. This might be the case especially if the health problems involve heart or respiratory function.

There are also people who lack the resouces to obtain the surgery and others still who do not get surgery for religeous reasons.

In any such cases, there are many people here who would be ready and willing to help in either concealing or coping strategies.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024