Author Topic: Want them out but wondering...  (Read 2651 times)

Offline not_anymore

Guys,

I am planning on having surgery done in couple of months. Wondering if somebody can help me with few questions:

1) Is there a medical procedure similar or done in a chest area? See, I am not planning on sharing the procedure with the friends and family or at the job but wondering what can I tell to the curious ones?

2) Anybody wants to share any evil side of this surgery?

Thanks

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
1) I told everybody I was having a couple of benign growths removed.  Nobody asked any further questions, including my bosses.

2) Honestly the only evil side I experienced is that I wish I could share my joy with my friends.  When something good happens for me I like to be able to celebrate it with others.  I also like to celebrate with my friends when something good happens for them.  With this I have withheld all information (with the exception of answer #1) from my friends.  I can't do the usual "high five" with my buds and I have to maintain a certain level of secrecy.  To me, though, it's a necessary evil.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
well said.  it's just really strange to have to use the words "benign" and gyne in the same paragraph ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

1.   The Plastic Surgeon I used suggested that his patients say they had a cyst removed from their chest muscle if they didn’t want to be completely open about their surgery.
2.   I would echo Mr Nips reply to your second question.  I wanted to shout from the rooftops but couldn’t as only my g/f knew I was going in for the surgery.  I really can’t see any “evil side” to the surgery.  There will be some discomfort and probably a little anxiety. There may be some pain but it is all short term.  The results are long term and well worth the price of a little discomfort and anxiety I think.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
1 i only were gone for 2 days when i had my surgery so nobody realy missed me and when i got home and met my parents and frends i told them that i had injured my shoulder and that i was sore in pec area

2 i cant really say that there is a evil side of surgery, but i didnt like to be put to sleep, u lay there with the arms straight out and the nurse came with the needle. it almoust feelt like your on a death row and getting death by injection.

hope i didnt scare u, remember youre in heaven when u wake up and your boobs are gonne
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:19:33 PM by wolfman »
i finally feel like im a man

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024