Author Topic: What to do??  (Read 3377 times)

Offline johnboobs

• Posting Member
Ok well I told my mom about my gyno a couple of months ago and she was more than happy to help me out. I really dont have a problem talking about it but yet these boobs drive me insane! We went to the family doctor and I told him that I was positive that I had gyno because of the hard disk and the fatty tissue. He was shocked that I knew what it was and that he asked me how long I have had them and I told him since 7th grade and now Im in 10th grade. He said it could be from puberty but since Ive had it this long its most likely  gyno. So we did the whole blood test and went back again for the results. The levels were a little low to normal but not enough for him to give me testoterone gel/pills/shot. He told me he knew alot about it and gave us a encrodonogist (spelling) and said to set up a app. with him for further testing. I told my mom yesturday I wanted to go to him and see if anything can change. My mom is fine with the surgery option if thats the only thing left to do. If we did the surgery I would want it as soon as possible. Im only 16 and would they perform surgery on me at this age? My doc. also gave us a surgens name in Macon, Georgia and said that he has done great work and would highly reccomend him for surgery if I had to have it done. With this all said will they perform surgery on me at 16?

Offline johnboobs

• Posting Member
also Im not over weight and Im highly active in school sports and run at night. Im 16 6'2 and weigh 190

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
john...

Welcome to the boards Dude!  :)

Another 6'+ gyne victim...  The vast majority of gyne victims are 6 foot and up. Interesting fact huh?

At 16, if you ran into surgery resistance, I'm sure that you would find a PS that would operate if you pressed the issue. What's it to them anyhow? They just want to make a buck.

However, read over the boards and know what you are getting yourself into. Every surgery has its inherent risks and possible complications. You have to have 'Realistic Expectations' of surgery. You wont get a 'Perfect' chest, you will (most likely) have an 'Improved' chest.

What are you expecting from surgery?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline flex1appeal

You are not too young for surgery. However, a lot of surgeons would probably recommend you wait a few years since you are still going thru the final stages of puberty.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
He was shocked that I knew what it was
it makes us retreat in secrecy, but if you think about it, something that drives you this nuts will eventually lead you to web research, since the resource now exists.  he might start seeing more of us. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline johnboobs

• Posting Member
Thanks and I have an appointment set up with the endcrodologist (spelling???) next week so I will come back with the results then. Thanks! Also, I have the big nipples too and so if I went and got surgery would that make the nipples smaller with the gland gone??

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Thanks and I have an appointment set up with the endcrodologist (spelling???)

Endocrinologist...

Also, I have the big nipples too and so if I went and got surgery would that make the nipples smaller with the gland gone??

It should. But then nothing in life is guaranteed dude....

GB

Offline flex1appeal

The nipples decrease in size if your gyno is what is causing the enlarged nipples to begin with. Some have large nipples despite the gyno in which case gyno surgery will not decrease the nipple size much. Mine decreased significantly after surgery because mine were small to begin with and the gyno pretty much stretched my skin, especially in the nipple region.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
The areolas do indeed stretch out because of pressure from the gland behind them.  With the gland gone, the areolas will usually appear smaller accordingly.  In some cases (like mine) the areola is so large that it will have to be resized by cutting out a doughnut-shaped circle around the perimeter.  What's left in the middle will be the newly-downsized areola once the surrounding skin is sewed to it.  Cool, huh?   :)

For what it's worth, Dr. Bermant has some pictures of that procedure somewhere on his web site if you care to search for it.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
If you do decide to get surgery, make sure they're doing gland excision, and possibly some lipo.  DO NOT GET LIPO-ONLY SURGERY.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline lollerskater

• Posting Member
erm it's ok if i borrow your topic just for a sec :)

i also have a question. i'm 15 years old and i have gyno. it's not that much obvious but i know that it's there, so my question is will it go away by itself? i know you can't tell, but SHOULD it go away? i dunno exactly for how long i have it but i think it's over 6 months now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 02:40:20 PM by lollerskater »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if it hasn't developed too far, you have a shot at it.  talk to an endocrinologist about your hormone levels and you might be able to pull the rug out from under it. 

Offline lollerskater

• Posting Member
Well we had that routine check and doctor saw it because i saw it written on the report (we also had to give blood and urine and they told us that they will call if anything is wrong - don't know if they check for hormones though) but she didn't say to me anything about it.
Erm also i can really feel it only on the right side and it doesn't hurt if i'm laying on my stomach.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:58:36 PM by lollerskater »

Offline lollerskater

• Posting Member
The best thing atm is to take a pic of myself so guys could check how serius it is?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
The best thing atm is to take a pic of myself so guys could check how serius it is?

Yeah man, throw some pics up here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024