Author Topic: Surgery on steroids  (Read 18798 times)

Offline onras

I have my surgery set for April 5 I got the hard lumps from steroids and i'm having them removed i told the surgeon i'm still taking steroids do you think it will be ok. He's not doing any liposuction but said he could get some extra tissue out. Has anyone ever had it done?

Offline hypo

If he doesn't remove all the gland, something that is supposed to be very difficult, then it is highly likely it will grow back.

Offline rcbrown23

Offline onras

Ok thanks but I guess what i meant was actually having the surgery while still being on steroids. After the surgery I can take estrogen blockers so hopefully it won't come back

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Sounds like a game of gyne russian roulette.

Did the roids cause the gyne or have you had it before doing roids?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 04:31:14 PM by jc71 »

Offline onras

I've always had it my whole life but not that bad but the roids caused the hard tissue behind the nipple that won't go away its like a hard little marble but i don't need lipo he's just cutting the tissue...and I hate to sound like a baby but does it hurt? i'm having local anesthia with sedatives

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
you shouldn't feel a thing. just a little discomfort afterwards. If the roids caused the hard little marble and you've had gyne your whole life, yet he's not doing any liposuction, what did you have your whole life?  Glandular tissue? Puffy nips? Varicose veins in the chest? Most docs I think do general but if he's only removing the "marble" I bet that's why he said only local.

Offline onras

I always had the puffy nipples and a little fatty tissue he's not doing any lipo he told me if i wanted that done i would have to go to a cosmetic or plastic surgeon my ins is paying for this because of the little marbles but he said he could get rid of some of the tissue and it would look better he recommended general  but i never been knocked out before and he said he could do local with sedatives i just dont know what to expect

Offline hypo

Many people on steroids end up in fertility clinics many years later, others end up with damage to the pituitary and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism- permanent low testosterone that has to be treated for life.

It is also interesting to consider the fact that the steroids used obviously have a big impact on the ability to build muscle mass being anabolic.

The one muscle in the human body that works the hardest is the heart.  Naturally the muscle that is the heart becomes thicker, just as the other muscles of the body do and this can lead to congestive heart failure.

Extract

http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/news/521728/main.html

"One, steroid use raises blood pressure," she said. "Two, it can also alter your sugar metabolism, so you have an increased risk of diabetes. Three, it makes the arteries vulnerable since, because of elevated cholesterol, you get cholesterol plaque buildup."

Steroid abuse can also cause a dangerous thickening of heart muscle called hypertrophy --- the same kind of heart-muscle enlargement seen in patients with congestive heart failure, experts warn.

P.S

And all this is before you even start to delve deeper.

Offline Spleen

Hypo is right.  The use of anabolic steroids is a bad idea.  I know everyone talks about how much "safer" they are these days but you could be setting yourself up for something way worse than a pair of boobs.  

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
I have my surgery set for April 5 I got the hard lumps from steroids and i'm having them removed i told the surgeon i'm still taking steroids do you think it will be ok. He's not doing any liposuction but said he could get some extra tissue out. Has anyone ever had it done?

You shouldn't still be taking steroids if you're having surgery in a week. After the surgery, you won't be able to work-out any body part at the gym for a couple weeks, and you won't be able to bench/do chest for about 6-8 weeks.

Offline pumpseeker

• Posting Member
dont listen to hypo ,I doubt he even knows anything practical about Steroids except what he reads. Every post that he uses has some type of scare tactics involved. He is even afraid of Propecia which is considered to be very safe. Every drug that you take will have some side effects but you can stop the conversion of test to estrogen by using Anti Es like Nolvades, arimidex,letrozole, and femera. Just make sure to keep using your Anti Es during your PCT after you are done your cycles for about  4 weeks.

PS.
I know I am a new member but I am a Moderator on a couple Of AS boards and also on a Hair loss board. That is why I am tired of hearing Hypos unproven remarks on Propecia

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Thats true, you can take steroids and eliminate the breast tissue growth side effect by using anti E's.
I know a few people that use steroids andhave done a few cycles. None have even the slightest amount of gyne. Completly flat nipples.

Steroids in general will screw you up in the long run health wise. If you cannot give them up for a few months post op something is wrong with you.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline hypo

pumpseeker,

I have just come back from a funeral so my mood isn't good.

But I tell you what I am prepared to have this discussion and make you look a darn fool, just so people can see your dangerous position for what it is.

I take steroids for a hormone condition- every day.  

I am in contact with patients who have been taking steroids for a combined 100years + I have read many, many books on related subjects.  I have read many books specific to testosterone the endocrine system, have obtained much of the latest research in this and many related areas of interest, am in contact with some of the worlds leading endocrinologists and have studied the pathology reports of my own and over a hundred or so other men.

Oh and I am a lay member of the andropause society.

So come on.....start the ball rolling.

Present your position in full that refutes what I have had to say so I can pull the wings off your pathetic arguments (yes I have pre-judged them).

In short put up or SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 12:57:03 PM by hypo »

Offline pumpseeker

• Posting Member
To my friend hypo

Let me guess you take a hormone(you call a steroid probably a testorone gel) becuase you have low test levels which explains why you cant get it up and why you developed Gyne

You are probably chunky with little muscle mass and probaly are not a MD(even though you wished you were)

I was referring to using steroids for weight traininng not for guys who are basically girls(guys with low test levels)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024