Author Topic: Anyone else had this thought?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I had my surgery last week, and in the last few days it seems like all of these memories of living with gynecomastia have been popping up.  I think it may be my way of healing.  I swear that I can remember every single time that I was teased about it.  I can remember every single time I skipped out from going to the beach with friends.  I've been so use to trying to push these feelings away.  Maybe now that my surgery is over and physically I'm healing that I can fully cope with the pain.  Anyone else gone through this? 

Also another thing.  As I remember all of the times I was teased I always wanted to ask the person, "Am I suppose to laugh now?"  Everytime it was like the person would make a stupid comment about my gyne, chuckle and then look at me and wait for a response.  Then if I would just shake my head or something they'd say, "Just kidding..jeez."  Yeah just kidding.  I guess you're right, I really don't have this pain I have to live with everyday.  "just kidding"  dumbest phrase ever used.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think the biggest thing for me is how much my life really has not changed since I no longer have moobs. 

I tought everything would change once I could confidently wear a t-shirt. I'm more confident, but overall, my life is about the same.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I do recall many of the tough times that I had to endure as a result of having Gynecomastia. However, it is mainly only when I am on the boards that the thoughts are pulled out of the archives.

GB.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hypo-is-here

Interesting.

My situation has chnaged radically since surgery.  The result would not be what others would be after, but it is perfect for me because I simply don't have the boobs any more.  I no longer worry about it being seen, I don't have to hunch the shoulders all the time, I don't worry and stres over what shirt I can wear that doesn't look terrible, I don't have to wear fleeces in the summer when it is 90 degrees.  I can do a little sport without feeling self concious etc etc.

The only thing that ever gets me is the worry about the possibility of re-development given I have to have my hormones properly balanced withe TRT.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
My ps was Dr. Andrew Baertsch.  Locally, he's well respected.  I think he did a pretty good job considering that I had a pretty severe case.  I've been planning on posting my before/after pics as soon as I get them from the medical center. 

Offline IT'S_Gone

• Posting Member
you kow what man...ive been getting thoughts like that too even going back to grade 3 or 4 when girls would say i had bigger boobs than them, but now its like i can say darn them because they're gone and its all a part of a horrible past :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024