Author Topic: Doctor  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I'm going to the doctor, parents say surgery is completly up to me. Is there anything the doctor can say that prevents me from getting surgery? They said unless the doctor says something, you can get surgery. What could he say? It might go away? Could I just not take no for an answer? I'm 15 BTW. I'm POSTIVE it won't go away.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 12:08:44 PM by Blarneystoner »
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
they may say you're too young and it will go away.  maybe after talking with you you have unrealistic expectations.  after interviewing you, he may see that you have other health related issues that do not make you a good candidate for surgery. A lot of things.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I am very healthy, 15 years old, know it won't go away, body matured. How would I not be a good  candidate? What do you think the odds are that I can do it? It would kill me to not be able to get this surgery.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
someone plz respond i am going tomorrow

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
He probably will give the go-ahead. Just point out to him that your older brothers have it and it never went away on it's own in them.

Good luck with your surgery.

Offline rcbrown23

Dude...relax a little. You've been REALLY stressed out over this the last few days and, believe me, it won't help the situation. Talk to the Doctor and let him know how much it bothers you. Tell him your older brother has it and it has not gone away. He should give the go ahead.

You won't have a problem finding a plastic surgeon performing the op. A lot of the times they just want to get paid...Yes, I know there are some out there that are different, but this is from my experience. There are plenty that would be more than willing and capable.

Good luck                              -Brown

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
thank you brown i feel better now.  :)

Offline rcbrown23

;) ;) It'll all work out...it just takes patients. That's the hard part, it SUCKS :P

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
the thing is, i am going away all summer so i just want this all done before then. after all i need to go swimming a lot and i would perfer not to have to jump in the water real quick so noone can see me without a shirt on.

Offline jc71

like brown said, regardless of your situation, you can probably find someone to do the surgery.  However, your question was, "is there anything the dr can say that prevents me from getting surgery." And, your parents said, "unless the dr says something you can get the surgery." Well, i'm just telling you what he could say. I haven't seen pics but personally i have a feeling the dr will do the surgery on you. Lets see what happens.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
thank you jc, my dad said it would have to take a pretty good reason to not let me get the surgery, my new problem will be getting a surgeon in time for the summer

Offline jc71

Hey, it sounds like you have very supportive parents.  I'm sure after reading some of the problems others have had with their folks, you appreciate their willingness to help.

Let me tell you Blarney, if your biggest problem is getting it done by summer, you're in good shape. Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 07:42:59 PM by jc71 »

Offline generic

I’m 15 years old and I have had puffy nipples for about 2 and a half years. I’m getting surgery on the 28th and im using the rest of my spring break to recover. I was wondering how long its going to take to recover and when can I start playing basketball again. Do you think 5 days will buy me time to get back to school with no one noticing what i went through. The nerves are building up and any advice would be great.

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
You probably won't be able to play basketball for several weeks after surgery, but it doesn't mean that you can't resume the rest of your life. I went back to work after around 5 days, but from what I read people can start light workout no earlier than 3 weeks after. It's mostly due to the fact that you'll be a bit sore on your chest, and you probably don't want to stretch your arms too far (something necessary to play basketball :) )
Talk with your surgeon - each case is different. It also depends on how you heal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024