Author Topic: MARIJUANA AND GYNECOMASTIA  (Read 6839 times)

Offline marcecko072

• Posting Member
i had gyne for a while before i started smoking pot but i stopped a month or so before i got my surgery, and now ive got my surgery but i really misss smoking does it directly make the gland come back or is that unless u only smoke alot i mean does this mean ill never be able to smoke weed again or wut please respond

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
If you want to play it safe, then don't smoke pot anymore...  However, it hasn't been proven.  It's still up in the air.  I know some people who smoked pot all their lives and never got gyne.  Who knows for sure? 

Offline marcecko072

• Posting Member
but i mean..never smoking weed for the rest of my life?! even in moderation i have to know if its absolutely neccessary i mean man im 17 it'll suck if i have to miss out on that thru high school and college :/

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
smoking pot doesn't cause gynecomastia

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Smoking Marijuana causes an increase in the rate at which Testosterone is converted into Estradiol.

By itself, This may or may not raise the total Estrogen level sufficient to cause gynecomastia. The degree of effect epends upon your own personal body chemistry. It is somewhat like a throw of the dice. Not a good bet in my book, I'd advise you to leave that stuff alone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
second that.  doesn't guarantee return, but it significantly raises your chances, especially at your age.  you don't need the habit, and it's not even close to worth it.  find some other addiction to replace it like world of warcraft or something ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline marcecko072

• Posting Member
hmm alright its gonna be tough but im gona try my best to not do it..because this surgery is prob the best thing thats ever happened to me its not worth taking the chance..thanks for the replies everyone.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You might consider the possibility that your Gynecomastia may have resolved without treatment except for the elevated Estradiol due to smoking Marijuana.

There are going to be people who dispute this, but you may be sure that they are all Pot smokers who still have Gynecomastia.

Hmmmm.

Offline Personal

• Posting Member
smoking pot doesn't cause gynecomastia
Yes it does. Because of smoking weed, I got it.

Offline whimper

• Posting Member
Drat.  Alchohol isn't similar is it?

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
If smoking pot caused man boobs then snoop dogg would have double D's

Offline IT'S_Gone

• Posting Member
i think its all a question of when u started smoking....i started at a young age of 12 so at that young it could have messed my hormones up going through puberty but gyne is ideopathic no known cause shit just happens to the unlucky ones :)

Offline Hypo-is-here

If smoking pot caused man boobs then snoop dogg would have double D's

Simplistic and entirely misunderstanding the nature of gynecomastia and how it occurs.

I don’t want to have to explain why, because I have done just that so many times before that my brain hurts, if you want an explanation though I will furnish you with one (please don’t ask).

Offline marcecko072

• Posting Member
so basicially it comes down to if you have had gynecomastia and had it removed, theres a possibility smoking weed could trigger it so you basicially can't smoke for the rest of your life or you might have a recurrence

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
For the life of me I can't understand why smoking pot is so important to some of you.   ???

I had some friends who smoked a lot of pot in college and it just made them stupid.  When they weren't high all they talked about was when they were "gonna get f...'d up" again.   I did it some back then too, but I had a life so I lost interest. 

Anyway, if the only people who say pot can't cause gyne are the people who smoke pot...             ;)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:28:46 PM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024