Author Topic: Yet another question about compression vest!  (Read 2348 times)

Offline reese84

• Posting Member
I'm entering my second week post-op. Everything is going great my swelling continues to go down day by day as well as the bruising. But my vest is kind of annoying!

Have a couple of questions for the veterans in this forum .

1. In 24 hours of the day how much time would you say you didn't have your compression on?
I take mine off maybe three times a day. Once a day for like 30 mins for a shower and the other two times maybe like 15 mins a piece. Is this bad?

2. Ive read and checked out the underworks page. Is this the same stuff as Under Armour? www.underarmour.com

What about big elastic bandage? If you could find one big enough to go around your chest and provide the same compression as the vest wouldn't that work??

8th day on the other side! Come on over it is great!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:38:56 PM by reese84 »

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
as for taking it off everyday, just shower quick and get it back on.  i always left it on even though it was a pain in the a$$, and only took it off for a second or two.  maybe others are different

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

1.   Like Peter above, I only took mine off a few minutes a day to shower and then it went straight back on.  Although taking it off for those 5 minutes at a time was a huge sense of relief from the continual compression, my chest quickly started to feel vulnerable and I was glad to get it back on again.  So in answer to your question, mine was probably off for only 10 minutes in a period of 24 hours.

2.   Can’t help you with the underarmour I’m afraid; I wore underworks vests for compression.

Good luck with your healing
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024