Author Topic: First time in public without a shirt  (Read 5428 times)

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
For those who have had what you consider successful surgery: What was it like to take your shirt off in public for the first time post-op? I'd love to hear about some of these experiences.

My apologies if there's another thread covering this, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It felt awesome! To be able to take your shirt of in public without all the stares, giggles and finger pointing... it's awesome, just awesome! No more feeling like a freak.  :D

It was also an awesome feeling to have the sun warm my chest for the first time in 31 years.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Where I live, it's warm all the time. It was hell weaing 2 shirts. It's heaven wearing a single/thin t-shirt.

The first time I wore single t-shirt, I had to correct my posture and not walk with my shoulders forward. I made myself walk with my shoulders back and chest out as far as I could stretch it.

Awesome!

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Wow!  The image of myself without a shirt on a beautiful day sounds like complete paradise!  I too want to feel the rays of the sun hit my chest.  Sounds so relaxing and peaceful.  No worries!  I can't wait until I can experience it myself.

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
So, Grandpa Bambu ... you didn't experience anything negative the first time? Did you find yourself feeling self-conscious at all, even though you'd been corrected? Or was it all positive?

JC71, you mentioned wearing a single T-shirt ... how about no shirt at all? Are you comfortable enough to do that, and if so, did it take you a while to be comfortable, or was it pretty much immediate?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

So, Grandpa Bambu ... you didn't experience anything negative the first time? Did you find yourself feeling self-conscious at all, even though you'd been corrected? Or was it all positive?

No, nothing negative at all dude. It was all good!

I wasn't even bothered by my stretch marks when I went swimming.  ;)

That was another awesome feeling.... The cool water of a swimming pool flowing over my upper body. The things some people take for granted!

GB
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:16:17 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline jc71

JC71, you mentioned wearing a single T-shirt ... how about no shirt at all? Are you comfortable enough to do that, and if so, did it take you a while to be comfortable, or was it pretty much immediate?

I've never had a problem taking off my shirt. I would either go shirtless or pile on the shirts. I actually looked ok without a shirt on, but with a t-shirt, my chest would stick out.  ???

I went to the pool, beach and water parks before the surgery and did fine. Now that I've had the surgery, it's even better. 

Don't get me wrong, I was always a little self-conscious without a shirt on, but it didn't stop me from going shirtless.

But, in the middle of summer, I would wear jackets to hide my gyne. I even quit playing baseball because the shrits made gyne look really bad......too bad they wouldn't let me play shirtless.  ;D

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:12:27 PM by jc71 »

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
That's great. I had wondered if anyone had suffered from "phantom gynecomastia," after dealing with the real thing for so long.

At any rate, I've got a beach trip with the in-laws planned in early April, and there's a hot tub and an indoor pool at the beach house we've rented. I hope these scars are lighter by then, because I'm looking forward to enjoying the water for the first time in a very long time!

Offline flex1appeal

Well, I am still awaiting that day because I had my second surgery during the winter and I am still healing. First surgery was last june so by the time I healed it was approaching end of fall. Didn't do anything with a shirt off. However, I have been wearing very revealing tanks in the gym and that feels awesome cause I get stares and they are positive stares. For once they are staring at my muscle and build and not my boobs. LOL. I haven't had that feeling in 10 years. It's awesome!

Offline jc71

Flex:

Did you have your 2nd surgery with the same surgeon?

Offline SoooTiredof-IT-

• Posting Member
Well, I am still awaiting that day because I had my second surgery during the winter and I am still healing. First surgery was last june so by the time I healed it was approaching end of fall. Didn't do anything with a shirt off. However, I have been wearing very revealing tanks in the gym and that feels awesome cause I get stares and they are positive stares. For once they are staring at my muscle and build and not my boobs. LOL. I haven't had that feeling in 10 years. It's awesome!

Men !! that sound like heaven !! after all thsi time that I have been working out that is exactly what I am looking for!!

Offline flex1appeal

Flex:

Did you have your 2nd surgery with the same surgeon?

Yes bro, I had it with the same surgery. The second surgery turned out great overall. No sign of gyno at all. Only thing for me is a little loose skin right under my pecs. It has been tightening more and more but will take the better part of a year to look normal I am sure. But I am fine with that. I look great in a shirt and love wearing them tight again. Women approach me more since I have had it done. LOVING LIFE!

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I look great in a shirt and love wearing them tight again. Women approach me more since I have had it done. LOVING LIFE!

Women are approaching you more not because of your flat chest but because inside you feel like "the man" and it shows in your personality when you talk to women!

Your inner confidence is at a high!  I have surgery next week and cant wait for that inner confidence to explode and then I start some serious gaming of the opposite sex.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I have been wearing very revealing tanks in the gym and that feels awesome cause I get stares and they are positive stares. For once they are staring at my muscle and build and not my boobs. LOL. I haven't had that feeling in 10 years. It's awesome!

Awesome dude!   8)

That's what it's all about, feeling good about yourself.  ;)

GB

Offline bamagyno

• Bronze Member
  • my lovely lady lumps... ARE GONE!
no shirtless days yet... but soon, hopefully. I figure by May the scars will be healed (and the swelling decreased) enough to go shirtless. Today I wore a polo shirt over my underworks compression tee and a couple of girls I work with asked me if I've been working out  ;D. yeah, that felt pretty good.
"I don't want to die without any scars..." Brad Pitt (Fight Club)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024