Author Topic: what if..  (Read 2065 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
im almost 6 weeks post op.. a colleague in office (who did not know i havehad surgery) whammed me on my shoulder from front. i did not feel any pain in my chest, but just got really paranoid, what if someone gets hit in the chest after surgery.. could it have an impact on the final outcome of the surgery? i mean we all want the best results from surgery, could this in anyway have a negative impact on the final result of the surgery? any views/suggestions..

thxguys..!!
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I've actually been wondering the same thing...

Some of my friends will occassionally hit me in the chest in a playful way...

HAsn't happened yet...but its still a concern...

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I think it better to tell the people you know and work with that you have had some surgery to avoid such things happening.  If they do then hit you then they will have to bear any consequences.

You don’t have to say it was for Gynecomastia correction, some reasons given have been ... cyst removal, muscle damage etc.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Same thing happened to me. I had an areola reduction. I went out last weekend clubbling and I was waiting at the bar and some girl elbowed right in the areola. I was so paranoid that when I got home I pulled off the steristrips to check it. I noticed the areola was disturbed and irritated. I pulled the steristrips over the other one to compare and 1 was different shape then the other. I don't know if it was from the blow to the chest or if it just turned out that way through the normal healing process...Good luck!!!

Offline outertrial

Bodies are very resilient, by far the most traumatic part of gyne surgery is the surgery itself. If youre gone 6 weeks I really wouldnt worry about the odd bump, the worst that would happen is a bit of bruising.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
thx dude.. thats a relief to hear.. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024