Author Topic: Do I have it? =/  (Read 1561 times)

cody sockeye

Hey, I'm 14. I notice that my nips were puffy and there was extra fat in my chest then there should be. My weight has been up and down. I'm 5'6 an weigh 165, I dont have that much fat on my body though. It even shows through my shirt and its embarrassing. I haven't been able to enjoy my life like everyone else does here in FL, i.e. going to the beach. I'm worried about getting involved with girls because I dont want them to see me the way I am. I just want to enjoy my life like everyone else. I've tried going shirtless a few times, but every time I did it was brought up and I was teased almost to the point of crying. I actually went as far as to be homeschooled this year for 9th grade cuz i didnt wanna take my shirt off again for gym class. I'd planned on getting the problem fixed, but I'm not clear on what my options are at this point. My body has been like this for atleast 5 years now. So i just wanna know A) is it gyne? and B) what should I do to fix my problem. I'll have pics up ASAP

Offline geiri7

• Posting Member
Im no expert but u probably have it and belive me u are lucky to have found a web site like this now when you are 14 but not 26 like me.
So u should probably consult with your parents and your doctor and maybe surgery is the thing for you wether its now or 3-5 years from now.

cody sockeye

I have been bothered by this for the longest time and never told anyone. But the internet is a wonderful thing, heh. I've talked to my mom about it, and hopefully I'm going to schedule an appointment for a doctor this week sometime. She has been putting it off so if she doesn't do it then I will myself. I personally am glad I found this site too. I've read a lot of useful information here and I think it's a great forum.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If your Mom is dragging her feet about having you see the Dr., Perhaps you might bring this thread up on your computer and ask her to read it.

Dear Mom,

Your son is concerned about the size of his breasts. This is not really anything new, men with enlarged breasts are depicted in the art of ancient Greece and Egypt.  Rarely does the condition have any damaging physical effects, but it can be Psychologically devastating.

An initial visit with the family Doctor would be a really great first step for your son. Later, other services may be needed. Among those might be included an Endocrinologist, a Psychologist, and/or a Cosmetic Surgeon.

Do nothing and your son may suffer from a diminished sense of self worth, social withdrawal, exagerated shyness etc.

Good Luck to You Both,

Grandpa
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024