Author Topic: sunbeds after surgery  (Read 2475 times)

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
Had my surgery  1 month tomorrow and i was wondering does anyone know if i can go on the sunbeds now, if i cover my nipple area where the scars are.

Or could the sunbeds cos some sort of damage to my recovery

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Volatile...

It's actually UV rays that do the damage, not 'light' in general. UVA and UVB rays damage the skin.

Check this...

"UVA was touted in the "80's" as the safe ray and sun beds were the rage. Some dermatologist backed this idea as a safe and healthy way to look your best. Since then, science has found this ray actually does the most amount of damage to the body than UVB. UVA is the same strength year round -- it does not matter how close or how far away the sun is from the earth. The ray remains the same strength and considered a light X ray. It goes through light clothing, wind shields, office windows, hats, etc. You can test this by putting a color bound book or fabric covered furniture in a sunny window for a few months. You will start to see the color fade as the rays work on the book or furniture."

So be very careful as to what you use to cover the incision site. Get the strongest sunblocker you can find...  30+.

GB
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:22:10 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024