Author Topic: Gyne, exercising, eating right, and losing weight.  (Read 3977 times)

cody sockeye

Hey everyone. Looking back at some threads, I see a lot of people asking "Will losing weight get rid of gyne?" or somewhere in that ballpark. Well obviously it won't make it go away, unless you don't actually have it. But  lately I've decided to see how much it actually helps. I went on a diet and started exercising as much as possible about 3 weeks ago. Last month I weighed 170lbs, which at 5'6 is a little bit chubby. Today I am 158 and my gyne looks a lot better, through a T-shirt and with shirt off. Of course, it is still visible. Maybe it's different for some of you... If it is, let me know because I've always found this topic interesting.

Also, if you have any diets or exercises that helped your gyne, post them here. What I do is I consume no more than 1250 calories per day and ride my bike atleast 15 miles per week. I try to walk a lot too. Simple things really improve it, but like I said... not completely.  :'( :'( :'( lol

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
ye thats my goal now....1250 wow thats like nothing is that healthy? and i currently weigh around 210....like if u looked at me...other than my gyno you wouldnt think im fat im pretty tall ( 6"1) and pretty just big not fat big like muscular and broad shoulders and stuff. but yeah how many calories you think i can safely intake a day....and does it matter if i burn all the calories i took in exercise or would i need to eat more to maintain my body functions

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
1250 could be alot of food if you eat the right things.  The basic idea is, that every 3000 calories you burn, should equal about a 1lb of fat.  You probably burn around 2000 - 2200 calories a day just living, so do the math, set your goals, and go for it :).

If you eat 1250 a day and burn 3500, your looking at a pretty quick reduction in weight, but that would be the same as a "crash" diet, and you will certainly gain a large portion back when you try and readjust to your old diet.

Loosing weight is much more of a lifestyle change than just a diet change.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
At one time I dropped my weight down to 148lbs at 6 feet tall and the Gyne was still there.   :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
At one time I dropped my weight down to 148lbs at 6 feet tall and the Gyne was still there.   :-\

GB

Oh yeah I've starved myself too, too bad it didn't work.  Definately a bad way to go about it.

For myself, I've been adding some mass as well and I've noticed it does help a bit.  While it does make my chest stick out more, I do look more massive which masks it *a bit*.  Lifting weights and running makes me feel good about myself, even if I still have the gyne.  I still get looks and comments about my physique which is definately a confident booster even with the gyne.  Plus, comments from the girlfriend help out a lot as well.  LIke I said before, the only good thing about Gyne is that it helped me take much better care of my body.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
LIke I said before, the only good thing about Gyne is that it helped me take much better care of my body.

For sure dude. Gynecomastia gives you the motivation to exercise, which is good, but unfortunately, as we all know, gyne cannot be 'exercised' away...   :-\

P.S. When I lost weight, back in 1990, I didn't 'starve' myself. I ate a good diet, stopped drinking beer and exercised regularly.  ;)

GB

Offline Stratos

• Posting Member
       I was obese as a young teen, around 220 pounds and 5'8.

Unfortunately, I didn't grow any taller. Maybe I have hormonal problems? Anyways, I lost 50 pounds over the next four years. Now I weigh about 170.

The gynecomastia for me did not change much at all. If anything, I now worry about it more because it's more apparent with my body being more in shape. I will say, however, it does feel good to know even if you do have breasts, you are relatively fit. I plan on losing another 10 pounds or so this summer.

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
Before my surgery I was 158 lbs. and around 7.5% body fat and it was still noticeable. 

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
Before my surgery I was 158 lbs. and around 7.5% body fat and it was still noticeable. 

how noticeable? and how much actual gland did u have?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
this is my currently my plan. I am not overweight but i do have breast. I want to bulk up but im afraid the that my gyne will be more obvious. On the other sid, I want to cut down but Im also afraid that it will be not proportion (big breast + slim body = nightmare). any suggestions?
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
For myself, bulking worked quite well for the gyne.  With my shirt on it was great.  With my shirt off I still have puffy nipples so it doesn't look too great.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024