Author Topic: How much can I claim back?  (Read 4572 times)

Offline iamvinhy

• Posting Member
Im a 17yo in Sydney and I am hopefully getting my gynecomastia soon but I'd like to know how much I can claim back on medicare or medibank private?

What would the estimated overall cost be? Someone mentioned that a certain hospital covers it all or something like that - not sure!  ???

Offline strikerzebra

• Posting Member
I've heard it costs about $3,500 in Australia, you would have to contact medi bank to see if they cover it or ask the surgeons

Offline brahms

• Posting Member
I've heard it costs about $3,500 in Australia, you would have to contact medi bank to see if they cover it or ask the surgeons

Is that $3500 total cost before medicare pays for anything or $3500 paid by the patient after medicare pays for their part?

Offline sydboy85

• Posting Member
My surgery all up was $5500 and I got $700 from Medicare. I'm not sure about private (as I'm not with a health fund) but I'm sure you may be able to get more money back.

I really recommend you to see a consultant at a comestic surgery. From my experiences, to see a consultant is free (as they're basically telling you what the surgery offers, costs and stuff) while seeing a doctor will cost money.

Because you're from Sydney, how easily can you get to Paramatta? Dr Thind from L'Image is really good and the team there is excellent! From what they've told me, it's one of the most common procedures they do on guys so yea, they've seen it all before :)

- sydboy85

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024