Author Topic: Gynecomastia reversal with Tamoxifen (Success)  (Read 12842 times)

Offline cdb82

• Posting Member
31 year old male, I've dealt with gynecomastia during puberty, then again in my mid 20's during anabolic steroid cycles (regretfully).  Bilateral during puberty and always unilateral during or after my various steroid cycles.  I've never seen a doctor for it because I knew it was directly related to the steroid cycles.  To clarify, I'm talking about glandular growth here (directly under the aereola) and very painful.  During the steroid cycles I would have occasional lactation (possible prolactin issue?).  The glands would eventually regress overtime with complete reversal over a period of several months.  Recently, in early December I felt great pain and glandular growth under my right aereola, this troubled me a great deal because I haven't used any anabolics since 2010.  The gland is firm and disc shaped (feels flat on the top of it) and is located directly under my right aereola.  It's very painful when pressure is applied (sharp pain).  I did a couple blood tests to check hormone levels.  Testosterone (serum) was 475 and Estradiol was 15.5.  LH and FSH were also within normal ranges.  The only thing that changed was I started taking Prilosec (Omeprazole) every day for acid reflux and took it for approximately 34 days before the gynecomastia presented itself.  After reading online some loose studies about a possible connection to H2 antagonists and gynecomastia I am suspect that the Prilosec could have played a role.  I've seen my doctor who didn't really have any insight and he scheduled me an appointment with a general surgeon this Monday.  I'm puzzled and a bit worried at this point.  Hoping it's only gynecomastia and nothing more serious.  It certainly feels like gynecomastia.   :(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:16:23 PM by cdb82 »

hammer

Word of advise, if your seeing the general surgeon for removal you may want to think twice about that and see a good gynecomastia experienced plastic surgeon or you may regret it! Other then that I can't help with your case, sorry.

Offline cdb82

• Posting Member
Yes I've heard that as well to avoid general surgeons.  Plastic surgery of course isn't covered by my insurance provider, I will try to avoid surgery at all costs.  I will request more testing I suppose.

Offline cdb82

• Posting Member
Spoke with a general surgeon but decided against surgery at this point.  I have a really high deductible and it would cost me around $3,000.  I've decided to go the SERM route and will be running Raloxifene at 60mg for the first 10 days followed by 30mg.  I will report any success / failure with this method. 

Offline cdb82

• Posting Member
Just an update, I was able to get a prescription for Tamoxifen from a local doctor.  I started 7 weeks ago at 20 mg per day.  One 10mg pill in the morning and before bed.  It's now week 7 and my gynecomastia is nearly 100% gone.  I can barely feel any tissue there at all anymore, and the best part is NO more pain and tenderness.  It wasn't until the 4th week on Tamoxifen that I started to see a difference.  I couldn't be more happy with the results I've gotten, and so glad I decided to look into other treatment options besides surgery.

hammer

Offline craftspace234

• Posting Member
Good to hear.

However this only works for people who got gyno from steroid use. Not pubertal gyno

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Glad to hear it worked.

However, never did a thing for reducing in me, but I suspect it works at preventing further growth.

and as for a drug for those taking steroids  - arimidex is the drug of choice to counter moob development.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024