Author Topic: Had my op with A Karadis Saturday 4th Oct *15 days post op pics added*  (Read 9803 times)

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
No, you can't drink water, you can't drink or eat anything 8 hours prior to surgery.  If he said 6 hours, then follow his direction.  But if you're having general anesthesia, you can't even have water hours before.  Your stomach must be completely empty, or you run a risk of vomiting and aspirating (inhaling) your vomit as you wake up from anesthesia.  Not a good thing.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

hadenuf

Hi again. Just over 3 weeks for me now. I am still wearing the vest almost all the time as if I dont I seem to swell and feel sore later in the day. I look very uneven, sort of lumpy and the nipples look very strange, a little swollen and the incision site scar very indeted. Was anyone elses incision scar area really indented from the nipple, is it normal and will it come more flush with the rest of the nipple area?  Trying to massage regular which eases it as it is quite sore still below the nipples and on the nipples but better after massage.

I did not have my vest on for a few hours this morning but I was glad to put it back on due to feeling sore and some swelling. Goes to show we all heal at differnet rates. I have put a few pounds on too as I had a vasectomy 4 weeks before surgery so not been able to do cycling or trewadmill yet so can't wait to get back to it.

I hope things look better in a few months as at the moment I looked better 3 days after surgery than I do now even though the bruising has almost gone.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:23:55 PM by hadenuf »

Offline Albion71

• Bronze Member
My incision scar was certainly more noticeable then, not really indented, but you can hardly see it now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024