Author Topic: MR NIP QUESTION SCARRING  (Read 3339 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Hi Mr. Nip , question for you!! I had a donut procedure where they remove excess skin around the areola with an areola reduction. Trust me, my areolas distorted my chest. I also had a previous surgery done where they removed fat and excised tissue. After having this surgery, I notice har blood, color black, around my areola incision. The PS said it was just dried blood. I have steristrips around the edge of the areola so this makes me nervous cause I'm afraid of loosing my areola. I heard this can happen. I did have a few cigarettes, I could help myself. I hope I didn't kill the tissue. Am I being paranoid? Did you have any problem of dried blood around the areola since you had same procedure? Thanks for your info, and anyone else can jump in  ;D

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
There was some black dried blood around my incisions as well.  It was as if it was imbedded in the skin in places.  It took some time, but it eventually fell off.  I wouldn't worry about it at all, but if you start seeing discoloration in the skin itself, then you may want to contact the PS again for another look.  Try to lay off the cigs.  I know it's hard.  I used to smoke a lot and I know what you mean when you say you couldn't help yourself.  Just try because oxygen to the areolas is very important to you right now. 

Anyway, the dried blood is no problem.  Just enjoy the new size.   ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Thanks, what you said made me feel better. How do your scars look around the areola. Are they real noticeable? I am only 12 days post-op but it looks as if the scar is raised? Did you have this and will this go down? It's also, quite itchy!! thanks :D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
gyneman....

Raised incision area and itchiness are normal. You are just 12 days in dude. Give it some more time to heal. A good 8-12 weeks! Also, depending on how your body heals, you may have to wait up to a year to see final results.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Thanks Grandpa Bambu!! I just get nervous because it's my second operation!! Since my areola were reduced, I can tell it will look better this time!! I am happy this new surgeon new what he was doing and this guy isn't really experienced, he said he only did about 2-3 per mth, if that. Must be a great surgeon!! He said Mastopexy was his speciality, I guess it doesn't matter if it's for men or women. He did a great job!! I just don't want horrible scars, ya know, that's everyone's fear. I have seen scarring from this operation that looks worse than the original problem!! Thanks for making me feel better.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I just don't want horrible scars, ya know, that's everyone's fear. I have seen scarring from this operation that looks worse than the original problem!!

Yeah, surgery and the results are a gamble. Many factors involved. Ya just gotta hope for the best...  ;)

However, with todays Surgeon skills/techniques, you have a good chance of healing well.

GB

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I am having such a hard time smoking. The PS made no mention to me about not smoking. Everyday since the surgery I have been sneaking 1 or 2. I just can't stop with all the craziness in my life.. I am doing better. I have been drinking about 8-10 glasses of water a day to help flush the nicotine out. Do you think I will still have problems healing? I can't believe how stupid I am for this damn smoking. I've been smoking for 15 years and it's not easy to stop!! :-\

Offline Grandpa Bambu

gyneman....

Just do the best that you can with the cigs. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Will you still heal okay with just 1-2 smokes a day.... dunno dude. However, if one or two a day is the best that you can do, then so be it. Don't dwell on it too much or you'll drive yourself insane.

I'm no doctor but I think you'll be fine dude.... ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024