Author Topic: ATTENTION CANADIANS  (Read 4168 times)

Offline goingoingonegyno

• Posting Member
Hey guys I am from NS and am working on scheduling an appointment to see a Dr. and finally get this thing over with. Anything you guys have to offer in terms of who you saw/where you went for your surgery would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Also any information on wait times would also help me out. I'm just trying to get a rough estimate as to how long it will be from say my first appointment to a consultation to surgery.

Thanks again guys.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:56:40 AM by goingoingonegyno »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dr. J. Craig Fielding - Toronto, ON.

Wait time... all depends on how busy the doc is. Probably anywhere from a month to 3 or  4 months...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline bigtits

• Posting Member
Dr Lista was booking operation 3-4wks out from consultation

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
The process with Dr Lista was very quick in my case too. Since I live in Quebec, the first -free- consultation occurred over the phone after I emailed him pictures of my chest. Then I got my bloodwork and physical done in private clinics because the public system is so slow here.  

Dr Lista is incredibly busy and maximizes every minute of the day. I think I talked to him for a total of 20 minutes from my first phone conversation until my follow-up phone call 2 weeks post-op. He is after all a business man and doesn't waste time chitchatting.

But don't get me wrong: the magic occurs while you are under anesthesia. He is a GRS artist. He told me he had a very small "touch-up" rate, less than 1%. He delegates everything possible to his staff -nurses and patient coordinators. Everyone I had to deal with in his clinic is fantastic and made everything extremely easy all along the way. They were always available for questions either by phone or email.

But get ready to spend around 7000$ total, including surgery, transportation, post-op care and housing in Toronto. He will probably ask to see you the day before surgery and he will also not let you leave town until 2 or 3 days post-op.

Good luck man...

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:38:21 PM by don_joe »

Offline kajivan

• Posting Member
i did my surgery with fielding. It beens about 5 weeks now and the results are great!

Pricing wise, its not that expensive either. I paid $1890 for the surgery because OHIP (ontario health insurance plan) covered most of the surgery except for liposucttion. So basically, my lipo cost me 1890. Lipo costs varies from person to person. Since your from N.S, im not sure if you guys have a provincial health plan and if dr fielding accept that. I guess that is somethin you should talk to him about.

Regarding wait time, i waited about a month for my surgery, but i've recently noticed from other users on this site that wait times are now around 3 month.

Offline CAJ

Hi
did you have the procedure. I just saw Dr Bendor Samuel today in Halifax and booked the surgery. Do you know about him?
thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
But get ready to spend around 7000$ total, including surgery, transportation, post-op care and housing in Toronto.

Actually, Doc Lista is in Mississauga...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024