Author Topic: EKG  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
EKG
For members who may be nervous about being "exposed" during medical visits, relax.

Had an EKG during one of my checkups. Was wearing a pull-over (or step-in-to) bra that shapes but doesn't show straps / lines.  Wasn't expecting the EKG, and when my shirt was off the nurse (a new one for me) saw my bra.  I told her, "I have gynecomastia" and she replied "No worries".  Totally accepting, and even nonchalant.  Kind of hard to miss the fact that I have boobs and need a bra anyway.  And gyno is not uncommon, and though most guys probably don't wear a bra to appointments it's not a big deal.

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
For members who may be nervous about being "exposed" during medical visits, relax.

Had an EKG during one of my checkups. Was wearing a pull-over (or step-in-to) bra that shapes but doesn't show straps / lines.  Wasn't expecting the EKG, and when my shirt was off the nurse (a new one for me) saw my bra.  I told her, "I have gynecomastia" and she replied "No worries".  Totally accepting, and even nonchalant.  Kind of hard to miss the fact that I have boobs and need a bra anyway.  And gyno is not uncommon, and though most guys probably don't wear a bra to appointments it's not a big deal.
When I was still in 'boy-mode' I went to my appointments in a bra as well. Nothing was ever said. Just the fact that you 'need' a bra will be noticed regardless. 

Of course now in 'girl-mode' I would look out of place without a bra on.
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I remember being 13 years old and going with my mother to a doctor's appointment for me concerning my gynecomastia. She had told me that I should, not that I had to, but should wear a bra because that was what I was being seen for. I remember being nervous, but I wore a bra anyway because I was more comfortable wearing one. It was the first time other than my mother and sister that anyone had seen me wearing a bra. 

It's humorous looking back because it's expected that I wear a bra now. The only thing that has changed (that people can see 😉) is my longer hair and makeup and a skirt with different shoes. I still wear a few of the same bras that I wore when I was still pretending to be a man!

❤️Sophie❤️

Offline Busty

Medical personnel have most likely seen it all. And even if they haven’t seen our particular situation, they are taught how to act.

Offline Johndoe1

Medical personnel have most likely seen it all. And even if they haven’t seen our particular situation, they are taught how to act.
I have found this to be quite true. A year ago I was hospitalized for a couple of days and some of the tests involved my heart. In all cases my chest was covered and the cover only removed, by my permission, when the test dictated it. One test was a sonogram done completely under a sheet by a male technician. As he moved the probe around my chest, it was very obvious he kept running into the girls. I soon realized he was treating my bust as he would a woman. Careful not to let his gloved hands touch my bust but to allow the probe contact only and to shoot the pictures around my breasts. I didn't ask for this, but was extended this courtesy on sight alone. I very much appreciated the modesty afforded me. While the tech didn't know my gender orientation, he sided as if I identified feminine and just another day at the office for him.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
It's not just boobs and bras. A couple of months ago I met with a urologist to discuss an upcoming procedure. What I didn't expect was to be told to drop my pants so that he could determine that my skin was in good condition and that there were no cuts or nicks from grooming etc. that might be prone to infection. Yes, I was wearing panties.

No problem.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I am having a hip replacement in a few weeks. This past week I had to do all my pre surgery testing. Blood work, mersa, urine, stress test, complete physical exam and a EKG.
My primary doctor retired a month ago so my new doctor is a woman in her 50s.
She was very professional with my exam for modesty. Raising my gown for bottom half exam and lowering for upper half. Of course my records show that I have gynecomastia and all the testing that has been done for that. The last thing she did for my physical was to give me a breast exam, stating that breast cancer is on the rise for men.
During my breast exam there was a knock on the door. She raised my gown up over my breasts and said to come in. It was the nurse with the EKG machine. Lowered my gown and proceeded with my breast exam.
I told her that was very thoughtful of her to do that.
As the nurse was hooking me up to the EKG, the doctor was telling me about special compression garments and on and on.
The doctor stepped out and the nurse finished the EKG.
The nurse said that those compression garments are hot and uncomfortable. She then told me to wear a bra instead if I wanted support. I laughed, but she said that she was serious.
The doctor returned and asked me a lot of questions about this and that and said she was scheduling a mammogram for me next week just as a precaution. She said most men with my condition are overweight and since I am not, she just wants to have a image of wants going on. She said it was nothing to worry about. I have a couple of scab like things on my nipples from going braless lately and she pointed that out and reiterated about some kind of garment to help me from getting chafed nipples. All in all it was a great experience and she really does care about my health it seems. Even asked me about my mental state because of my breasts. I walked out feeling good about myself because of the fact that the doctor and nurse had genuine concern about my health including breast health.

Offline 42CSurprise!

Heartening to read... it is often our own shame that causes the most problems for us.  Learning acceptance AND being met respectfully by health care professionals can make a huge difference in our well being.  Good luck with the hip replacement.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Health care professionals, at least the true professionals will understand and treat you with respect. 

I can speak for our Health care professionals at the Breast Care Center. They really do get to see it all. We have women, who unfortunately no longer have breasts of there own or may end up having a mastectomy. We have men who have breasts and wear a bra when they come in for their mammogram or ultrasound and breast examination. We have transgendered men and women who also need specific breast care.

People who have breasts need breast care regardless of what they are wearing or what is between or not between their legs. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I walked out feeling good about myself because of the fact that the doctor and nurse had genuine concern about my health including breast health.
What an excellent experience. It's always good to feel good about the care you're receiving. By the by, is your new doctor an MD or a DO?

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
She is a MD😃

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I just had an EKG in preparation for my second knee replacement.  While I was not entirely flat, the technician lifted my breasts to place the connectors under my breasts and on my rib cage.  Didn't way a word.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
My nurse did that to me also. I was a little startled by it. But it is what it is. Has to be done.
I have large 24/7 hard nipples. That was embarrassing for me with my breast exam and the EKG. Doctor feeling them and the nurse brushing them with her hand hooking me up was a little terrifying for me.
I am really self conscious about them.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
My nurse did that to me also. I was a little startled by it. But it is what it is. Has to be done.
I have large 24/7 hard nipples. That was embarrassing for me with my breast exam and the EKG. Doctor feeling them and the nurse brushing them with her hand hooking me up was a little terrifying for me.
I had a young woman do my EKG.  Only took 10 minutes.  No issue.  

Offline Johndoe1

The first breast exam I ever had felt very strange to have my breasts "handled". Luckily it was a female doctor who performed the exam. She didn't even give me a second glance. And to her it was just another day at the office.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024