Author Topic: Total Acceptance  (Read 3803 times)

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
I've also already developed a protection response to hitting them against anything. It does seem only related to having sensitive nipples and not at all about hiding them.

Offline SideSet

My boobs are sensitive to being banged into. 

I sometimes also find myself being instinctively modest. Recently, I was bra shopping. The sales associate was helping me try on different bras in the dressing room.  She would bring me bras to try on, and then once I had a bra on, stepping into the dressing room, so she could give me her opinion and make any adjustments.  One time when she inadvertently stepped in while I was in between bras, and therefore bare breasted, my two hands went up instinctively to cover my two bare breasts,   But I immediately regained my composure, and realized no big deal, and one hand reached out for the new bras she brought me to try and I let the other hand wrap to my side.  It actually turned out to be quite constructive, because she said  my breasts were a bit bottom heavy, so a balconet might work well for me.   She then brought me a balconet bra, which we both agreed was the best of them all and I ended up purchasing  

Online Johndoe1

I had that happen one time with my bra fitter walking in on me unexpectedly. She thought I was covered but was braless. I too instinctively went to put up my arms and then in mid stride stopped and said something along the lines of "Nothing you have never seen before." She laughed and apologized and like you, she got a better idea of my shape and the next bra she brought in fit perfectly because she could see for herself what I needed. She is the only non family, non medical personnel to see me bare chested in decades. She is the only person other than my wife or medical personnel I allow to touch my breasts. I also allow her to touch my bras at anytime she sees fit to adjust them. The trust and respect I have in her is great and she knows it. I am very lucky to have her as my fitter.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

bikerbob

Once again, you guys have shown me that I am not alone.  I am 71, happily married (got the right one this time), and not attracted to men, but have always secretly felt that it isn't fair that only women get to have breasts.  My wife had made some comments that I seemed to be growing boobs but I didn't pay much attention until she remarked that I was starting to look like a B cup and I realized that I had grown a pretty nice rack.  I started borrowing my wife's bras for mountain biking and finally got my own sport bra.  The more I wore it, the more I realized that I was just plain more comfortable with it than without it.  After some trial and error, I found a style and size that worked for me and now wear a bra every day.  Once you get past the first few days and realize that nobody is looking at you, it is not a big deal.  As long as I pay attention to how I dress, I am completely comfortable with it and fairly confident that nobody can tell I am wearing it unless they are looking for it.  They seem to have stabilized at their current size and I still don't know what caused them, but I have realized that it is obvious that I have boobs and have caught several women staring at my chest when they think I am not looking.  Women notice other people's breasts and now that I have a set, I have started paying more attention to others' chests, both men and women.  I was in a restaurant a while back and noticed that I had larger breasts than 2 of the 3 waitresses.  As some of the guys on here have observed, there are a lot of men out there with man boobs these days.  Maybe it is something in the water and maybe we are just noticing them more now that we have joined the girls in that respect. 

I am not at all self conscious about them and now rather enjoy them.  My wife has had breast reduction surgery and I am quite sure I don't want to go there and kind of wish that she hadn't.  I am completely OK with wearing bras and enjoy the feeling of having my breasts supported.  I admit that I sometimes feel a bit jealous when I see an attractive well endowed woman in a white T shirt with her bra showing through the shirt and wish I could just put on my favorite bra and not worry about whether others see the hooks in the back.  Women don't care but we do. My only complaint is that one is a bit smaller than the other one.  Instead of having one made smaller, I would rather have the smaller one made bigger and have even looked into having some of my belly fat relocated to even them up.  My wife is completely OK with me wearing a bra but I think she would draw the line at breast augmentation, so for now they are what they are and I enjoy having them, though I wish they would grow into a full B cup so I would have an easier time finding bras. 

I sometimes catch myself slipping my keys or my cell phone into my bra and I understand where the women who complain about their DDs are coming from.  As Johndoe mentioned, it gives us a window into the female world.  My wife recently had a lump removed (it went fine), recently lost some weight, and was complaining about her bras.  I offered to loan her a couple of mine and we both broke out laughing at how absurd the situation was but she borrowed my Coobie.  A side effect is that my nipples have turned into a major erogenous zone and I am high beaming through the bras most of the time. I do realize that us guys with the almost Bs are amateurs compared to some of you but I love my breasts and wouldn't give them up even if I could.

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
Once again, you guys have shown me that I am not alone.  I am 71, happily married (got the right one this time), and not attracted to men, but have always secretly felt that it isn't fair that only women get to have breasts.  My wife had made some comments that I seemed to be growing boobs but I didn't pay much attention until she remarked that I was starting to look like a B cup and I realized that I had grown a pretty nice rack.  I started borrowing my wife's bras for mountain biking and finally got my own sport bra.  The more I wore it, the more I realized that I was just plain more comfortable with it than without it.  After some trial and error, I found a style and size that worked for me and now wear a bra every day.  Once you get past the first few days and realize that nobody is looking at you, it is not a big deal.  As long as I pay attention to how I dress, I am completely comfortable with it and fairly confident that nobody can tell I am wearing it unless they are looking for it.  They seem to have stabilized at their current size and I still don't know what caused them, but I have realized that it is obvious that I have boobs and have caught several women staring at my chest when they think I am not looking.  Women notice other people's breasts and now that I have a set, I have started paying more attention to others' chests, both men and women.  I was in a restaurant a while back and noticed that I had larger breasts than 2 of the 3 waitresses.  As some of the guys on here have observed, there are a lot of men out there with man boobs these days.  Maybe it is something in the water and maybe we are just noticing them more now that we have joined the girls in that respect. 

I am not at all self conscious about them and now rather enjoy them.  My wife has had breast reduction surgery and I am quite sure I don't want to go there and kind of wish that she hadn't.  I am completely OK with wearing bras and enjoy the feeling of having my breasts supported.  I admit that I sometimes feel a bit jealous when I see an attractive well endowed woman in a white T shirt with her bra showing through the shirt and wish I could just put on my favorite bra and not worry about whether others see the hooks in the back.  Women don't care but we do. My only complaint is that one is a bit smaller than the other one.  Instead of having one made smaller, I would rather have the smaller one made bigger and have even looked into having some of my belly fat relocated to even them up.  My wife is completely OK with me wearing a bra but I think she would draw the line at breast augmentation, so for now they are what they are and I enjoy having them, though I wish they would grow into a full B cup so I would have an easier time finding bras. 

I sometimes catch myself slipping my keys or my cell phone into my bra and I understand where the women who complain about their DDs are coming from.  As Johndoe mentioned, it gives us a window into the female world.  My wife recently had a lump removed (it went fine), recently lost some weight, and was complaining about her bras.  I offered to loan her a couple of mine and we both broke out laughing at how absurd the situation was but she borrowed my Coobie.  A side effect is that my nipples have turned into a major erogenous zone and I am high beaming through the bras most of the time. I do realize that us guys with the almost Bs are amateurs compared to some of you but I love my breasts and wouldn't give them up even if I could.
It really is great to find that other men love having breasts. My wife is also supportive but hasn't gotten completely used to my having boobs.

Online Johndoe1

I do realize that us guys with the almost Bs are amateurs compared to some of you but I love my breasts and wouldn't give them up even if I could.
I think we all are amateurs, no matter our size. To my knowledge, only ABWG has been dealing with his breasts in a proactive manner since his teen years, similarly like women do. In my mind, he is the pro. Heck, I did everything to hide and deny mine with varying results from sometimes successful to down right failure while never really dealing with them up to just a few years ago. I am STILL learning how to deal with mine as many here. I can say that since I started dealing with them, I get noticed less and my mental health is better because I am not worried about them all the time like I had been before. He has been like that since his teen years.

aboywithgirls

Thank you for the vote of confidence but, I'm not a professional. I've just been dealing with my boobs like anyone else. I have just been dealing with having breasts in a more conventional manner. I have felt with my boobs in much the same way that most women do. I have just always tried to be comfortable and look my best. Wearing a bra is just something that I feel that you should do when you have boobs that need support. 

For myself, it's a no brainier on whether to wear a bra or not. I have been doing it for most of my life.. I have found that wearing a bra is the easiest way for me to manage having breasts so I can do what I need to do to get through the day to day grind. 

It's so much better now.for men who need to wear a bra to do so. The stores that sell bras are ready and most are more than willing to help us get into a bra that fits and works for us. All we have to do is ask. It can.be awkward to ask help with selecting a bra but it doesn't have to be. The ladies there are happy to help. They know how wearing a bra benefits them so why shouldn't a man have the same benefits from a bra based on genetals.

Online Johndoe1

I can only speak for myself, but I have heard others have similar experiences. The key is to find a locally owned boutique. Yes, you will pay a little more, but you won't have to worry about your business spread over town by some 20something in a chain store. 

Look at their website. Get a feel for their customers. They may even say that they serve none traditional clients in some fashion. That would be a clue you would be welcome. After you settle on a shop, call them and ask for the owner or manager and honestly say up front you are a male with gynecomastia. You won't be the first man to have said that to them. Then say you would like to see if they will do a bra fitting. Again you won't be the first to ask. If they say no then politely thank them and move to another. If they say yes, then ask would they be willing to set an after hours appointment. Most if not all should say yes. Usually they would be right before normal opening or right at closing time. Along the way they will ask questions to help better guide them to be sure you are getting the service you need. They may ask if you know your size already and do currently wear a bra and if so what size. Those type questions. Questions someone who has breasts should be able to or at least be aware of. If you don't know the answer, don't BS them. If you are polite and courteous and truthful, even if you sound nervous, you won't come off as a perv. If they have a regular male clientele, they will have dealt with nervous males before. Remember that their male customers are not only gynecomastia males, but cross dressers, MtF transgender, so you more than likely won't be the first male to ask for this kind of service. 

And when you go, enjoy yourself. Let them pamper you if they want. That's part of the fun as well as trying different styles. Listen to what the fitter says. She isn't going to put you into a bra that isn't going to work for you in male mode. That's why you are going to their shop and not VS in the first place. Again, be polite and don't BS them. That's how you get thrown out and a bad reputation among the shops. And if they feel threatened they will toss you right out. They understand nerves. They will work with that. You acting like some not a nice person and that's it. The shop I go to has standing rules of etiquette on their website. If the shop you are going to does, follow it to the letter. You can't go wrong.

Have fun and good luck and let us know how it goes!

Online Johndoe1

If you go and get fitted you need to buy at least one bra. They may spend 15 minutes or more on one bra and time is money for them and you don't want to get a bad rap for coming in and wasting their time and you don't buy anything. They would consider that being a jerk or perv-ish. You don't want that or Walmart will be the only local retailer to get bras from. 

Offline SideSet

Johndoe is spot on

As I have said before, Soma has been great for me

hammer

I agree, if you go for the fitting be prepared to buy at least one bra, but I do guarantee you that, that bra will fit and fell good on you all day long, but until you are ready to do that, shop at Walmart!

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
It seems that most guys on here have come to tolerate their breasts but would rather not have them. I was surprised that I found that I love having them. Breasts can be very beautiful and I see mine as such. Everyone is different and that includes those of us who see our breast development as a positive. It's not at all about being sexual, just as an infant's relationship with its mother's breasts is not sexual. The infant only appreciates the milk it suckles and I suspect that most of us who were nursed still carry an appreciation for our mother's breasts and by extension all breasts.

I do respect fully those who wear bras for comfort and those who chose to minimize the appearance of their breasts. But equal respect goes to those men who are comfortable allowing them to be seen by others. Remaining respectful of conventions on public nudity, this is exactly how women's clothes have evolved. It has long been acceptable for women to wear revealing clothing and so should it be fore men. The big problem is that society (especially ours) has oversexualized breasts.

Like you, I like my breasts.  My projection is fairly obvious, but I don't flaunt them nor do I hide them.

aboywithgirls

It seems that most guys on here have come to tolerate their breasts but would rather not have them. I was surprised that I found that I love having them. Breasts can be very beautiful and I see mine as such. Everyone is different and that includes those of us who see our breast development as a positive. It's not at all about being sexual, just as an infant's relationship with its mother's breasts is not sexual. The infant only appreciates the milk it suckles and I suspect that most of us who were nursed still carry an appreciation for our mother's breasts and by extension all breasts.

I do respect fully those who wear bras for comfort and those who chose to minimize the appearance of their breasts. But equal respect goes to those men who are comfortable allowing them to be seen by others. Remaining respectful of conventions on public nudity, this is exactly how women's clothes have evolved. It has long been acceptable for women to wear revealing clothing and so should it be fore men. The big problem is that society (especially ours) has oversexualized breasts.

Like you, I like my breasts.  My projection is fairly obvious, but I don't flaunt them nor do I hide them.
I have the same feeling about my breasts. I won't flaunt them or hide them. The right bra improves my comfort and appearance. It will lift, support and shape my breasts.  A nice rounded look is what I seek in a bra. I can only get this from underwire bras. 

If you're going for a fitting, it's a good idea to bring a few different tops with you to try on with any new bras that you may be considering adding to your top drawer. You may like the look and feel of the bra but, it may not be the look or provide the shape you want or need to wear with certain tops.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024