Author Topic: Kenalog question please help  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Westsyder

• Posting Member
Ok so I had my operation 13 months ago from now, I went through scar tissue proplems worked hard to reduce them with scaraway and massage, long story short my left side had stubborn scar tissue that wouldn't go away. I have had 2 injections of 5-fu/cortisone to get rid of it, I am pretty amazed at the results, I need about one more the small lump will be gone.

Anyway the left side (the one with the kenalog) now looks more flush, flat and no loose to skin that makes the nipple/areola like a cone. Its the way I want it, now my other side has very very small plate of scar tissue around the incision area, not noticeable at all. but the skin is very loose around it making my nipple fold? and puff out. The side that got hit with kenalog is flat flush not loose!(I am only 139 lb 5'11 and in good athletic shape work out 6 days a week and strict diet for 4 months now.)

Doctors please let me know if I should hit the right side with the 5fu/cortisone too because I like how it looks. I would rather it sink in a very little than have it stick out and be loose. Both sides don't match now.

My question is. Is it too dangerous to inject this side one time? if so what can my doctor do to make the nipple/areola flush and flat and not all loose and hollow!?? it need like some skin tightening to make it flat.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:15:44 PM by Westsyder »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Very difficult to answer your question directly. In general, kenalog can help to reduce scar tissue which elevates the areolar area after surgery.  Your surgeon should be comfortable with the injection tchnique, the dosages, etc in order to get the best result for you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Westsyder

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. for the reply I will see to it, and get the shot.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024