Author Topic: new to Gynocomastia.org  (Read 1949 times)

Offline zhengzhoujoe

• Posting Member
I will make this short because I am sure many members have similar stories , My Gyno started when I was around 12? I was in Tae Kwon Do and I was sparring with another person and we were fighting hard until both our "Ghees" or uniforms slipped off revealing our chests. Some told me " wow your nipples are big!" Didn't pay to much attention or felt bad about it. After that I started getting comments at school when we would change clothes in P.E. etc Some were even harsh like Bitch breasts, manboobs, moobs, among others. Even my mom noticed once and just said "hmmm???" and quickly just forgot.

I am 24 now and have avoided going to the beach, swimming at pools and anything that has to do with me taking my shirt off, it still haunts me psychologically. I still have a job that I have been at for 5 years and even half way done with college. I traveled to many countries and states. So I have pretty much ignored my gyno or just bite my lip when someone makes a comment about my chest which are mostly just innocent jokes .

Anyways! I have finally decided to come out of the darkness and get a surgery  done. 2 questions I have is can I get a loan or credit card for it? and if so how much do you usually pay???

2nd question, which is the easiest way to hide it from your family and friends? is the "vest" easy to cover with shirts? or jackets??

thank you all,

Offline jakewardell

• Posting Member
Congrats on making the decision to have surgery!

I'm sure there's plenty of people who can relate to your story here, myself included.

The answer to your financial question really depends on who you have surgery with and in what country.

I know of several surgeons who offer finance and equally as many who don't. Whether the bank would give you the money or depends on your credit history more than anything else.

Prices vary tremendously but somewhere between $3000 (low end) to $9000 (high end) would be about right.

After the surgery the vest is hardly noticeable through clothes and I've yet to encounter anyone who's noticed without me telling them.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My guess is that you are probably on the large end of normal. I am too. the difference is that I am 77 years old and effective surgery did not exist when I was still young enough to really care..

Gynecomastia did not stop me from wrestling when I was in High School. It did not stop me from serving in the Air Force. It did not stop me from becoming a Police Officer. (Though I did wear my badge a bit prouder than most)

Liposuction originated in Italy in the 1970's It made its way to the US by the '80s and effective breast reduction became a reality. By that time the youngest of my five children had need of heart surgery so my little booblets were simply not important after all.

Times change, I really do understand the teasing, I had to deal with it too.  If you are seriously troubled by the condition, surgery is the only way to reduce it.

Take your time and search out a well qualified Cosmetic Surgeon that has experience with this kind of surgery.  Even now, surgery is not for everyone, but the choice is yours alone to make.  If you have reasonable expectations and a good surgeon you will be happy. If your expectations are not reasonable or you used the wrong surgeon, the result will not be good. This is not a task for a general surgeon or dermatologist. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline zhengzhoujoe

• Posting Member
Thanks for the support guys. Your stories are inspiring. My moobs have never made me less than a man and I have accomplished many goals despite them. I am just an average 24 year old student who works in a supermarket for a weak 7 dollars an hour while I spend most of my time studying yet I live with relatives so I do not pay rent. All I pay is the clothes on my back , my car, my insurance, health insurance, cell phone and taking girls out on dinner dates haha..

So I have never got a credit card or loan, my credit is clean. I have been at my job for 4-5 years. I hope I can get a good deal. Never had a credit card so don't have any idea how it works. Hopefully it's not to much to pay a month...

Offline jakewardell

• Posting Member
Only problem you might run into is the fact that because you've never taken out a credit card or loan your credit score will be non-existent and even though that should make you less of a liability lenders don't see it that way a lot of the time.

Offline zhengzhoujoe

• Posting Member
hmmm better buy a nice TV for my mum then haha

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
also keep in mind, some surgeons are willing to finance it, either directly or with some aggregate lender.  if you ask directly, they will often have ideas. 

glad you found the boards   :)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024