Author Topic: Double Standard World  (Read 4263 times)

Offline chestyguy

It's a double standard world out there, where women can not only flaunt their breasts, but get surgery done to make them astronomical in size. And I'm talking HUGE! Even unattractively huge and it's still ok in a breast obsessed world we live in. But if a man has even an A-B cup breasts, we are considered not normal. No one can help who we are or what genetic pool we came from.

I didn't develop breasts until I was in my 40s. High school was hard enough for me even w/o breasts, so I can't imagine what some of the guys have gone through in here from the posts I've read. I think being older can make a difference with accepting it a little more.

I live in Florida, so naturally I use to ride my bike at the beach shirtless and with wearing my backpack. I've heard the cat calls, hoots, hollers, car's turning around and following me, just to get a better look at my breasts. At times it wouldn't bother me, but now I mostly only take my shirt off like if I'm hiking in the woods away from people. I've even been mistaken for female (in a t-shirt) on more than a few occasions.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Its not a double standard...breasts are considered a feminine trait and are a female secondary sexual characteristic.
read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_sex_characteristics
...the bigger they are, the more feminine the woman is perceived to be.

People (men AND women) are mentally/subconsciously programmed to be attracted to those which will bring them healthy offspring.  In nature, if something is weak, sickly, deformed it is cast aside and soon dies.  This weeds out recessive genes and ensures that a species can keep propagating and flourish - we are mammals who evolved from apes, so these primitive feelings, attitudes or whatever you care to call them live on in us and we can't do much about it...these attitudes are "hard wired" as it were.

In modern human civilization we obviously don't cast aside anyone who is weak/sickly/deformed. But the aforementioned does explain WHY people feel disturbed/off put by breasts on men. How do you feel women you see a woman with facial hair?

Now as for the teasing...I think people just do that because they are insecure about something in themselves and it makes them feel better to put someone else down.  I say just ignore them, its a free country and you can walk around with your shirt off if you want.   
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline marmaduke

• Posting Member
It's a double standard world out there, where women can not only flaunt their breasts, but get surgery done to make them astronomical in size. And I'm talking HUGE! Even unattractively huge and it's still ok in a breast obsessed world we live in. But if a man has even an A-B cup breasts, we are considered not normal. No one can help who we are or what genetic pool we came from.

I didn't develop breasts until I was in my 40s. High school was hard enough for me even w/o breasts, so I can't imagine what some of the guys have gone through in here from the posts I've read. I think being older can make a difference with accepting it a little more.

I live in Florida, so naturally I use to ride my bike at the beach shirtless and with wearing my backpack. I've heard the cat calls, hoots, hollers, car's turning around and following me, just to get a better look at my breasts. At times it wouldn't bother me, but now I mostly only take my shirt off like if I'm hiking in the woods away from people. I've even been mistaken for female (in a t-shirt) on more than a few occasions.

I assume you've been to your doctor and have had lab tests to check for hormonal problems or other medical conditions.  If not, do it ASAP.

If it's not a correctable medical condition, you can have them surgically removed or you can just go about your life and ignore anyone crude enough to stare or comment.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In modern human civilization we obviously don't cast aside anyone who is weak/sickly/deformed. But the aforementioned does explain WHY people feel disturbed/off put by breasts on men. How do you feel when you see a woman with facial hair?

Read This

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
same thing ive heard women say they shoukld be aloud to walk around with out a shirt because a fat guy can you dont show your breast because your a sshaimed they dont because others are

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024