Author Topic: Front clasp vs back clasp?  (Read 723 times)

Brdy64

Ok, my first bras were all front clasp and I have bought nothing else until recently. 

I did buy a push up bra that is back clasp, and it arrived yesterday. I can't reach around to hook it, so I tried the "hook and spin". I can do it, but it just isn't easy enough for me to be doing it every time I wear it. Maybe because I'm having hot flashes and my skin is sweaty? It just doesn't spin too easy. 

I'm going to take it too Torrid and exchange it today. That and a pair of "bootie shorts" that are just a bit too short for my modestly preference. 

Anyone else prefer the front clasp over back clasp?

Upfront

Back clasp every time for me. Clasps at front dig in a bit and are uncomfortable especially those that have 4 or 5 pairs of hooks! also I find getting boobs into the cups and comfortable is more difficult.

That said, front clasps have a place especially for anyone with immobility problems - in particular arthritic shoulders.

Brdy64

Back clasp every time for me. Clasps at front dig in a bit and are uncomfortable especially those that have 4 or 5 pairs of hooks! also I find getting boobs into the cups and comfortable is more difficult.

That said, front clasps have a place especially for anyone with immobility problems - in particular arthritic shoulders.
Or a stroke survivor 😉

Offline taxmapper

Front.   

I use to be able in my youth reach all the way back. (more dexterous than most other men) but the over work of my traps when I was lifting weights ended that. 
I dont like the hook and spin because I prefer "Y" back rather than over the shoulder. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

I appreciate these conversations since they offer the lay of the land... we each have our own unique relationship to breasts and brassieres, in large part determined by our physical circumstances and capacities.  Fortunately, I can still reach behind my back to engage clasps, though when there are three rather than two, it becomes a bit of a challenge.  With three clasps I'll often connect them in front and spin the brassiere.

It so happens that the brassiere I discovered that suits my temperament and body best has back clasps AND is too small in the band.  Because I'd read about bra extenders I thought I'd give that a try and it worked.  The downside was with the extender the shoulder straps were so far out on my shoulder that they easily slid off.  I was left playing a game you'll sometimes see women doing of reaching into my shirt to pull the strap in place.  Again, I'd read about straps that hold shoulder straps in place.  I tried that but it definitely requires that I reach behind myself to engage the clasps.

All that said, a two clasp brassiere with clasps at the back suit me best.  With the extender and shoulder strap constraint I'm definitely "strapped in" and my breasts couldn't be happier.  Everything is in place and in a most attractive presentation.  Whatever works and helps you feel good about the breasts nature has given you to care for.

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Back. I’m getting really good of putting it on and taking it off. I don’t spin anymore.

Upfront

Physique and mobility allowing it is well worth learning to engage clasps at the back.
It is kinder to the band of the bra and is a good exercise to maintain lesser used arm and shoulder movements

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
This is probably off topic.  I hook and spin.  At 72, I am able to reach back, but not connect the hooks.  I have no problem with the straps on the shoulders, until I get in the car.  Then, they keep falling off my shoulders as I drive and get out of the car.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Brdy64

This is probably off topic.  I hook and spin.  At 72, I am able to reach back, but not connect the hooks.  I have no problem with the straps on the shoulders, until I get in the car.  Then, they keep falling off my shoulders as I drive and get out of the car.  Does anyone else have this issue?
My strap won't stay up while I'm on the bus, but it's the shoulder strap side. 

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
This is probably obvious, but I've discovered that I can fasten the clasps on my side, almost under my arm, and then spin about 1/4 turn. Easier than the half spin. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

These "anti-slip" strap holders are excellent but they really wont work if you engage the clasps in front and spin the brassiere.  But here they are...  I use them on all my brassieres.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384199368891?var=652424651287

Offline Johndoe1

These "anti-slip" strap holders are excellent but they really wont work if you engage the clasps in front and spin the brassiere.  But here they are...  I use them on all my brassieres.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384199368891?var=652424651287
You can't spin and use the anti slips. You have to either attach the anti slip straps first then put the bra on over your head, clasps in the back or get someone to hook your anti slip strap on your bra straps after you have put your bra on. When asked, most women who use the anti slip straps get a spouse or relative to hook their anti slip straps after they have pit their bra on. When I use them, I just skip my bra on over my head and reach around and hook as normal.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline 42CSurprise!

Yes, I've become quite adept at slipping the brassiere over my head with the anti-slip strap in place and then reaching behind me to engage the clasps.  The first time I did it I thought I was going to strangle myself, but it eventually became second nature.  Now with all the pieces in place I feel secure AND my breasts are thrilled to be displayed so perfectly.  That, of course, has much to do with the design of the brassiere and the materials in the cups... soft seamless fabric without padding.

p.r.1974

Being of larger stature and not as flexible as I once was, I hook and spin. I also prefer the back clasp for the lifespan of the bra. I do have front close bras, but they do not last as long without being able to move in a hook set as they get worn in. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024