Author Topic: on the right track  (Read 1930 times)

Offline pistonbone

Hi all, I've been a lurker over the last couple years on and off and have learned quite a bit.
A few weeks ago I went for a general checkup at my regular doctor's office and briefly discussed my gynecomastia which he concluded was true gyne and not due to my weight or anything else. With the regular tests associated with checkups he also ordered some hormone testing. Turns out I'm quite healthy however my hormones are completely out of wack with my testosterone quite low and estrodytol (not sure how to spell that) high, pretty much like I'm still going through puberty even though I'm 25. This is the first time I've really discussed any of this with a doctor. He told me sometimes the hormones being high/low like that could be associated with testicular/breast cancer so we had an ultrasound on my testes and breast tissue. All is good there except I have a little calcification in my left breast that is just under the skin and shouldn't be cancerous since it's not really attached to anything he said. This was a little alarming because I never noticed the hard tissue before and when the nurse pressed down it was rather uncomfortable with a dull pain. Jjust to get a better look at everything tomorrow I have an appointment to get a mammography and will update when I get those results back.  After that I will be making an appointment with a local endocrinologist to get a better view of my hormone situation and hopefully after that making an appointment for surgery sometime in the near future with a South Florida surgeon, have a few bookmarked on my computer.
One reason I'm having all these tests is because I work for the sheriff's dept here and we have some pretty good insurance, which my doctor and I seem to agree that since I have this calcification, it should be easier to get the insurance company to help with surgery costs.

On a side note, my gyne is quite large and I've recently started wearing tight tanks under my t shirts, but mostly I wear button downs and those are really what I find to be quite helpful with certain materials.
A lot of the pre-op pictures I've seen on here really do make me jealous. However, I do feel I am quite lucky to have such a great girlfriend that could care less about it, she's the only person I've ever really discussed it with besides the doctor, my previous girlfriends also didn't care about it at all, I've never had an issue having sex although the first several times for two of them I did leave my shirt on. I've never been teased, even in high school although I did have friends that were teased.

Anyways, I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's good to hear this didn't kill things in the girlfriend area.  sounds like you're on game for taking this one in your own hands.  the dr's comment about calcification being a plus for insurance was interesting, at least for those it might help. 

welcome to the unlurking realm  :) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I too would like to welcome you.

Congratulations for getting to the source of your problems. Once thoroughly understood, many such problems are easily overcome.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congratz and Welcome my man!!!

Many women don't have an issue with G. It's more of a case of how you are with it...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024