Author Topic: Surgery Booked! July 17th  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Hey all! So finally after years of living with gyno, I've decided to get the surgery .

I am getting it done through Dr. Pensler, and so far I'm pleased with the process. The consultation was very straightforward and reassuring for me. Looking forward to the actual surgery even though I'm nervous as hell.

I plan on posting before and after pics as soon as it's done. Thanks to all of you who helped me during the process and to those who answered all my crazy questions when I first got on this board.

hammer

Nothing to be nervous about you'll be in good hands! After the surgery be sure to follow your post-op instructions to the letter to help your healing outcome. Remember, patients is a must, as it takes time, more time then you think for for body to totally heal to 100%!

Good luck and congrats!

Bob

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Congrats man.

I was definitely nervous too, but once you lay down on the surgery table you look up at the ceiling for like two seconds and then you don't even know that they've already put you to sleep. Then you wake up a couple seconds later and you're all done and waking up in the recovery room.

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Thanks guys!

I know I shouldn't be nervous, I just can't believe that my gyno will finally be gone. It's something I've only dreamed about for years. I guess it's more of an excited nervous.

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Thanks guys!

I know I shouldn't be nervous, I just can't believe that my gyno will finally be gone. It's something I've only dreamed about for years. I guess it's more of an excited nervous.

Indeed, it is honestly a bit surreal, since I only had surgery less than two weeks ago and am still recovering. I thought I was going to have this for a few more years still. Every time I take off my compression vest before showering and see how my chest looks with my undershirt on and then without it. It's just so, odd, after living with it for 12 years and then on a whim deciding to finally say, "I'm fucking sick of this and it's time for surgery now, lemme scrape together whatever money I have to pay for it," and then getting the surgery done within 2 weeks of making that decision.

My brain is still trying to believe it's gone...

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Good to hear yours went well man. Hoping mine is as successful as yours. Today I start my 1 month pre op preparation. No anti-inflammatorys, no blood thinners, no powdered proteins. Etc.

This month needs to go by faster!

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
No powdered proteins? What's with that?  That and sardines are my main source of protein.

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
No powdered proteins? What's with that?  That and sardines are my main source of protein.

My surgeon never mentioned anything about that to me either.

As long as it's a reliable brand and not filled with soy-protein I think you will be fine.

Offline craftspace234

• Posting Member
Nice! I hope to get surgery with the same surgeon.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the operation and how are you paying for it? All of the money from your own pocket? loans? Financial plans?

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Nice! I hope to get surgery with the same surgeon.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the operation and how are you paying for it? All of the money from your own pocket? loans? Financial plans?

I believe it's a total of $5100 at the end of it all. The initial consultation is $125 but that gets deducted if you go with the surgery. Well I just graduated college, so I'm not swimming in money but I had saved up a pretty decent amount from my student jobs and such. My parents are covering most of it as a graduation gift. I plan on paying them back as much as I can as well.

I'm pretty fortunate in my situation.

hammer

Good luck, remember that you will be in a professional setting, no need to be scared! I've been through many surgeries and no problems!

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
So...unfortunately I had to reschedule my surgery for Monday, September 17th. I woke up in the middle of the night with an 102 fever, the chills and just feeling extremely fatigued. It's funny, because the morning prior to that, I woke up feeling kind of "off" and I was tired all day at work.

Of course this would happen the day before surgery... Guys, I am beyond pissed right now, and I know its not the end of the world, but the timing of this is absolutely heinous. I guess its just the way she goes, and I will have to wait a little bit longer.

So, I will update this once September comes back around.

hammer

I'm a person that firmly believes that there is a reason for everything and that we aren't totally in control, so in the end you may be better of  having to wait! I know that you were looking forward to putting this behind you, however, we don't have control of the future so in the end you may be better off for it!

Offline Crea

• Posting Member
Thanks for the kind words Hammer.

Yes, that is the mindset I am trying to maintain now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024