Author Topic: Gland removal without separate incision  (Read 2678 times)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
I recently consulted a plastic surgeon for revision surgery and he told me that he could remove the gland without making any incision in the lower border of the arola. he said that he would use the same liposuction incisions to remove the gland. If you have had your gland removed this way, please do let me know.

Offline blueinokc

• Posting Member
Mine was not removed this way, but some doctors do it just to reduce the appearance of scars. A lot dislike to do it this way because it doesn't give them room to work and is harder to remove all of it.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
thanks for your reply. i agree with the point that it doesn't give them room to work and is harder to remove all of it.
however i think healing might be quicker without Peri-areola Incision..
if any of the forum members got gyne removed this way, please let me know..

Offline Garycoleman

• Posting Member
Hello wantnewlife. I just had the surgery where the doctor only went in from the side, and not through the nipple.
He said he used some kind of high pressure water thing or whatever that apparently crushed the tissue + fat. He said he removed 1.5 deciliter of tissue. I had a minor gyno case.

I am 1 day post op, of course very swollen and puffy, but I'll post some pictures once I am allowed to shower.

Offline torontopatient

• Posting Member
Hi there,

I am 6 weeks post-op and only had incisions along the side of my chest. It is become a new thing to be able to remove gland without the incision around the areola. I did a lot of research before I got into it, and there are a few variations of ways to doing it. Mostly docs use a different type of liposuction cannula that do a good job of grinding up the breast tissue, and then it is liposuctioned out. Dr. Lista in Toronto also uses special scissors that basically extend through the small incision and he can cut out extra tissue.

So it can and is done by many doctors. But to everyone's point, I think it is a bit tougher to have perfect results this way.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
Thanks Gary and Torontoguy for the response. It's encouraging to know some doctors are using this technique successfully :)
If possible, please share pre-op and post-op pics

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
It is possible to remove the gland through the lipo incision using special instruments. But what important thing is it is a matter of skill of surgeon. When I did my surgery both my surgeons told me the technique. But they told me if required if they can't get it all out through those lipo incision they will make a periareolar incision but that incision is 2-3mm ya millimeters. So hardly visible as compared to traditional ones of 1 to 1.5 cm or more.so yup ask him bout his experience before n after pics n go for it
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024