Author Topic: Puffiness 2.5 months post op  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Completion

The right side of my chest is perfectly flat and muscular while the left side seems to have what looks like a lot more fat and the nipple has started to puff out again as of the last 4 weeks.

Is it likely that the surgeon may have done a bad job at evening out my chest equally when doing liposuction? Or is it just swelling? I don't really know how to tell the difference between swelling and fat in this case but my chest does not feel swollen. I do have a tiny amount of what looks like scar tissue (or gland... but I hope its not). This may also be whats causing the puffiness but I don't think this would be causing the asymmetry. It is very noticeable how different the two sides of my chest look.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
Bump.

I also noticed that my left side is slightly larger than my right (currently at 10 weeks post op).  I will ask my surgeon about this when I see him.  Both sides are within the acceptable range of normal, and the symmetry isn't far enough off that I would pay for revision surgery if it stays as it is, but I do notice the difference.  Hopefully it will subside with time for both you and me.

Best,

Sven

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
Same...

My left side looks great, but my right side seems a little fuller (i'm about 10 days post op). I can feel something underneath, moreso than the left side, but not sure if the hardness is gland or just tissue healing itself after the lipo (I can also feel a hardness from the incision to the nipple). I'm REALLY hoping its just that side needs more compression/swelling. If it gets to look like the left side, I'll be a happy camper.

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
Well, I'll encourage you to stay patient as I am trying to remain patient myself.  I will give you an update after I go to my three month follow up.

Offline thricetwice

• Posting Member
Same here, currently at 5 weeks post-op and left side is slightly bigger.

I spoke to my surgeon about it and she said she always does the left side first, then the right side. Because of this, the left side is exposed longer before wearing the compression vest thus usually gets more scar tissue than the right - taking longer for it to settle. She said it's completely normal and should flatten out over time.

Has anyone had this, and did it flatten out over time?

Offline hollaholla

• Posting Member
I had surgery exactly 2 months ago and my problem is about the same. Right side is almost completely flat and looks about 90% perfect(small nipple) and left one is puffy. Day after surgery both looked the same and completely flat so I think that surgeon took everything out correctly. But what are the chances some came back in like 2 months ?

I am massaging 1-3x per day at least 30min and focusing mostly on left side now. I am doing very rough massage and trying to break pieces apart until my hands hurt and the some more :) I am also still wearing compression west 95% of the time.

About 3 weeks after surgery it was exactly opposite, left one looke amazing and right one was very puffy. But that was fixed with massage in like a week or two :/ left one doesn't seem to respond to massage so well.

Any ideas when it will even out and if not, at what point should I start looking for plastic surgeon ?

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
I will give you an update after I go to my three month follow up.

I am at sixteen weeks now, and I am seeing a lot less puffiness than I had at 10 weeks.  The left side is still a bit larger than the right, so I am going to continue being patient.  If necessary, I may ask my surgeon to take a little bit more out of the left after my six month follow up.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I'm over 8 months post op and still dealing with puffiness on my left side, I can still feel a lump on that side but it is getting smaller over time.  Everyone will heal at different speeds

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
I was operated a month back n am quite happy.people don't get angry but what assymetry do we talk bout.we did it cause we were absolutely embarrassed about it like we used to cry each day.n see ur confidence level following surgery. That's on emotional front. Medically sometimes the glands r asymmetric on both sides or u might be having it from first  or due to spinal deformity but we hardly saw our chest symmetry . if I had it before that asymmetry remains.puffiness of nipple returns then blame the surgeon. But this things u have in ur own hands .just work onur chest in gym n ull do a lot good.we have passed our hard periods let's say we got lucky enough to go through surgery n enjoy our life which we were deprived off
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Offline MikeW1012

• Posting Member
hey guys, i had my surgery done may 7th and i still have puffiness in the right side. When i pinch the skin around it i feel "gland" like tissue like i had before the surgery. Right after surgery and when i took off the compression garment it was flat. I hope it's just scar tissue. I am going to start massaging the shit out of it to see if it goes away. I see my doc on the 28th. I will see what he says. If I gotta get more work done, i'm asking for half my money back since half the job was done!! >=/.

However, i am going to start going back to they gym to see if working out my pecks with flatten it out as well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024