Author Topic: Surgery completed updated with pre/post op pics page 4  (Read 18348 times)

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
how did you get on mate? moob free  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jamesair

• Posting Member
If you don't mind me asking, you said you need to lose some weight before the op, are you quite overweight, or just need to lose a bit? i have a consulatiton in a few weeks, I'm a little overweight, mudt wondering how much difference it makes? Thanks  :)

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Back moob free, shattered and will update tomorrow with pics. I'll answer questions tomorrow. :) Gonna be a long night.

Offline thetodd

If you don't mind me asking, you said you need to lose some weight before the op, are you quite overweight, or just need to lose a bit? i have a consulatiton in a few weeks, I'm a little overweight, mudt wondering how much difference it makes? Thanks  :)

It doesnt really make much difference, its just that inital wow factor of taking of the vest and having a good body shape. Ive seen plenty of overweight guys on here have the surgery and have a completley flat chest. In my opinion you look more in proportion if your in fairly good shape but it isnt crucial.

And choda itl be fine, just chill in front of the telly enjoy the time to yourself
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Congrats on being gyno free mate, my surgery is on Thursday, cant wait. Hope you recover well, look forward to hearing how you're getting one!

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
If you don't mind me asking, you said you need to lose some weight before the op, are you quite overweight, or just need to lose a bit? i have a consulatiton in a few weeks, I'm a little overweight, mudt wondering how much difference it makes? Thanks  :)

I didn't lose weight before the op lol, I couldn't be bothered and IMO it never mattered that much. Of course losing weight before the op will only help, especially thoughs who want to lose weight after.

Just looking at my results today I'm very, very happy. But I'll be posting some pictures in my next post.

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
I thought its only right to continue my long journey with my full day before the op and how I'm feeling today. But before I start I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site who have inspired and supported me through this ordeal, which just like many have suffered since the age of 12.

So the night before I didn't get much sleep, I dozed off around 2am and woke up at 5.30am. My addmission time was 8.30 but we got to St Johns around 7.30 and was made very welcome from the start. A young gentlemen collected me from downstairs with my mum and took us to the ward upstairs. Said hello to the lovely nurses who make you feel straight at home and then sat down in my new head quarters. Filled a few forms out with lunch, I choose roasted honey sandwhich, chocolate ice cream and a apple juice.

I got dressed in my new attire around 9am, for some reason I was never given the dreaded stockings that everyone panics about. Luckily I was given a dressing gown because I was exposed at the back which was not a great site (Just my boxers shorts)! :D So after getting suited and booted I waited till Karidis came to take pictures and mark me up. I was third on the list and was called into surgery around half 11, when a lovely nurse walked me to the ward, thankfully I walked out in my dressing gown otherwise it would been the last embarrassing situation my moobs have put me in. :o

So take down to theatre I was greeted by a woman and gentlemen who filled out some forms and then put me to sleep. I remember laughing and then waking up with a woman to my left hand side, feeling very groggy and stiff. I was taken to my room for lunch, once your taken back your gonna be very tired my advice is to drink loads of water. I was struggling to stay awake for a couple of hours but found drinking water and going toilet helped. Also your gonna be very uncomfortable so be prepared for that mentally if you can.

It was a really long day, just wanted to get it over with and still had the journey home in the heat. :'( I was told I could go home around 3pm after seeing Jasmine who gave me my tablets and two different sized vests and luckily she did because the medium never fitted today. Everyone was so welcoming and make the day as easy as possible. I never saw Karidis after the op, I put that down to being a very busy man and it didn't really matter. Not sure how much fat and gland were taken out but will be told in a week or two.

Journey home was horrible, you feel stiff but able to walk I wore a zipped jumper and it was baking on the tubes. But lady luck was on my side because the tubes wasn't packed and it was a good quick journey. I would recommend anyone going for surgery to have someone with them or at least have a friend or family member to pick you up. Having my mum around made the day that much bearable because you can't carry anything heavy and its been a long day.

Sleep was horrible, I kept dozzing in and out but for only 10min or 20min at a time. Sleeping upwards is horrible, add the fact you need to go toilet after rehydrating yourself. I must have went to the toilet 10 times in a space of 4 hours. I woke up around 4am after only getting 3hrs kip, but nodded off around 7 till 10 when I layed down straight.

The worst part was the compression vest which makes things 10 times worse, the vest you get has this extra padding which tightens everything. You think your gonna feel like this for a few days but once you take it off you feel much better, even if you feel weird at first.

So shower time, or hand wash for me because I don't have a shower. I got undressed which felt weird, can't describe the feeling but its not nice taking everything off and getting washed. Then taking the pads off wasn't nice, but I left on the plasters for tomorrow after I wossed out. :D The vest was murder getting on, I had a bad feeling it wasn't gonna fit at first. :o

Overall I'm over the moon at my results on day one, hopefully I can get your thoughs on what you think but I really did prepare for the worst and so far I'm happy. Long road ahead but its nothing compared to living with moobs for 10 years. >:( Just a case of resting and getting back in shape which will be much more inspiring knowing my moobs have gone and it just a case of getting rid of my belly and love handles. ;D

Offline chopper

• Silver Member

just chill in front of the telly enjoy the time to yourself

Listen to this man... If it wasnt the fact he had put up pictures I would think he was Karidis in disguise  ;D
Enjoy doing sweet F.A for a few weeks, I enjoyed it so much I almost felt like I could get used to daytime TV or being an out of work bum lol

Edit: Just seen your pcitures! Good stuff buddy!! Glad the day went OK for you. I remember pulling my plasters off the next day with help from the missus and I had a major bout of light headedness and the sweats kicked in....I quickly sat down before It sat me down against my wishes lol

Get munching those arnica tablets and in 3 or 4 weeks all that bruising should be a thing of the past 8)

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Got to admitt feeling better since I've had a wash and changed vests. Put my feet up time and watch day time telly. ;D

Offline mr rich18

• Posting Member
Choda them results look great. I have a similar build to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what weight and height are you??????

Did you manage to lose any weight before the op????????

Im am currently thinking about surgery but the ££££ is the stumpling block.

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Choda them results look great. I have a similar build to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what weight and height are you??????

Did you manage to lose any weight before the op????????

Im am currently thinking about surgery but the ££££ is the stumpling block.

I'll give you my background on that. This time last year when training regulary I weight 10 stone 8. But after being depressed on my moobs ect I went up to 12st roughly, so in them pics I'm roughly 12.

My height is 5'6 5'7 depends on what day. ;D No I never lost anyweight, I just couldn't motivate myself if I'm honest and just gonna wait till I'm healed. I had only 3 weeks to lose weight.

My advice to you is get into shape now and keep trying to get the money sorted. All the best pal.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
you're not actually that fat to begin with, so don't worry on that front. Its cos you had the moobs before, so it gives the illusion that you are fat. Anyway, good to see you've had the surgery done! This is kind of the honeymoon period, so don't get worried when it starts getting mooby again, its mainly because of all the swelling and inflammation. I am getting very nervous myself, but more because of potential embarrassing moments. You said you had to go out in a backless garment? Lol, I'll scare everyone with my hairy arse if I have to do that  ;D . Also, are you allowed to even have water before surgery?

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
you're not actually that fat to begin with, so don't worry on that front. Its cos you had the moobs before, so it gives the illusion that you are fat. Anyway, good to see you've had the surgery done! This is kind of the honeymoon period, so don't get worried when it starts getting mooby again, its mainly because of all the swelling and inflammation. I am getting very nervous myself, but more because of potential embarrassing moments. You said you had to go out in a backless garment? Lol, I'll scare everyone with my hairy arse if I have to do that  ;D . Also, are you allowed to even have water before surgery?

Yer not that fat but I have a few pounds to shift as they say. They gave me a backless garment but luckily I wore a dressing gown over it, otherwise it would have been embarrassing walking down the corridor with my arse hanging out. :D

Your gonna be nil by mouth from around 12 midnight to 12 midday, not even water mate. You'll be fine, once you get through the first night and changed into your second vest you should be feeling much better. ;D

Offline Choda

• Silver Member

just chill in front of the telly enjoy the time to yourself

Listen to this man... If it wasnt the fact he had put up pictures I would think he was Karidis in disguise  ;D
Enjoy doing sweet F.A for a few weeks, I enjoyed it so much I almost felt like I could get used to daytime TV or being an out of work bum lol

Edit: Just seen your pcitures! Good stuff buddy!! Glad the day went OK for you. I remember pulling my plasters off the next day with help from the missus and I had a major bout of light headedness and the sweats kicked in....I quickly sat down before It sat me down against my wishes lol

Get munching those arnica tablets and in 3 or 4 weeks all that bruising should be a thing of the past 8)

I didn't change my plasters, my mum took the compression off and I felt really weird and I didn't fancy taking my plasters off on my nipples so will do that tomorrow. I should have manned up but it felt weird. I might have a wash and get them wet with some hot water which will hopefully help things.

So many tablets to take first day, its a headache remembering them all.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
keep the bottle of laxatives close to hand they give you, those tablets bunged me up. I think i was off the painkillers by end of day 2 or 3 but it was enough clog me up

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024