Author Topic: Backlash: Bra obsession  (Read 3419 times)

Offline blad

I have caught myself in the reflection of store windows on many occasions, definitely displaying a bust line.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I too am sitting in the truck waiting on the wife and thought I’d take a look. Yikes! Thought I was hiding better than this. Guess the wife just doesn’t see it like I do.
I hear you about that.   Your pic is what I feel that other people see when they look at me, but I really don't think that people pay enough attention to care.   I see it in the mirror, walking by a store window or while I'm getting dressed.   I'm just happy that I decided to wear bras.   Things are just more comfortable for me and I just don't care if anyone can tell.   You can't hide C cup breasts so just be comfortable.

gmast

our pic is what I feel that other people see when they look at me, but I really don't think that people pay enough attention to care.
Since I know what you are concerned with, I can see it if I look for it, but If I wasn't looking for it, I wouldn't notice.  You look like a typical middle age guy to me.  The vast majority of the adults that post here seem to be worried about something small on their chests, when their problems are between their ears.  They are looking for mistreatment by others, and then they have this handy (but incorrect) reason for why they think they are mistreated.  Listen to your wife, you don't have an appearance problem.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Thanks for all the nice comments. I’m not truly all that concerned, it was more of a musing than anything else. Having recently sister sized to a 40DD I realize I’m not going to completely hide the girls anymore. Even so, I rarely get a second glance and it’s almost always women that do the double take.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:10:33 AM by Traveler »

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I understand that truly.   I, too, find that nobody gives me a second glance or care enough to say anything.  Women are the ones to look twice at me too.  Maybe out of jealousy....;D.   

I'm a C or D in most of the bras I wear.  I don't try to hide them, but just try to be comfortable.  I'm not worried about it anymore.

Offline taxmapper

My bad. 
I have now searched to Yoga Outlet and Amazon and purchased two more. 
The wife is now showing me pics of various styles. 

I will now have a larger collection of bras than she will. 

:o:P

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I certainly understand the bra obsession comment. I enjoy trying on different bras trying to find the elusive perfect fit.  If I did not control myself, I would probably by new bras every thirty days.  I went for a fitting yesterday and walked out with a new bra that fits (at least for now) better than anything I have ever worn.  It was interesting because I have some that are 38B and 38C. The wires on the B's are not fully encasing my tissue anymore. In addition, I had open heart surgery a year ago for a new valve and my sternum needs a taller gore for comfort.  I went to Soma, as usual for me, and was greeted wonderfully.  I tried on some wire free bras and the fit expert told me I needed to move to a D cup in one of them. I am still a bit shocked and taken aback.  I cannot believe the "D" label. It is much more than I am comfortable with at this time.

I also tried on wired bras, which I actually prefer.  One wired C fit great and I bought it.  The wireless bras had a bit too much padding. I easily show, but don't want to "announce" their existence with extra padding at this point, if you know what I mean?  The style purchased is Lightest Lift, which has a wafer thin padding type material which I really like. It helps to hide the nipples, but does not give much extra projection.

I will wear it off and on for a week or two and if it still fits well, I will go back and buy a couple more.  I prefer to purchase in person and try each bra on. My luck has not been the best when ordering on line.

It is easy to be obsessed when it comes to comfort.

Offline Johndoe1

I too have come to enjoy trying on bras. After realizing that different styles can shape and give different looks, my apprehension subsided and while I wear underwear bras just about everyday, people noticing me has reduced because I now finally have control over my chest. As several women who know of my need for support have admitted to me, the bra they wear depends on the signal they want to send about themselves or situation. Taking this knowledge, I have modified it to allow me to hide in plan sight and it has been a great relief. And all due to some cloth and wires. I have a much better self image and better body image all due to bras. Who knew?
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I'm always amazed at the confidence boost, the improved appearance and how much better they feel when covered and held in place.  It's all very counter intuitive from a male point of view. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024