Author Topic: Forgetting you are even wearing a bra  (Read 2837 times)

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
It can be hard to pull the trigger. I was sort of lucky that my urologist/oncologist diagnosed my gynecomastia during a normal visit to discuss the pain in what was then my remaining testicle (now gone) and my low testosterone. I mentioned how my boobs hurt when I golfed and she immediately had me take off my shirt and gave me a breast exam and then ordered a mammogram. After the exam and I sat up the doctor reached out and grabbed my breast to hold and and said "This is all breast tissue."  When my wife asked about how the doctor visit went, I told her I have gynecomastia and have a mammogram scheduled.  Hard to not accept that. So, she wanted to see and then we talked about support. 

Perhaps you could have a similar conversation with your doctor to break the ice with your wife.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Thank you!  All went well. In fact I am about to have my 6th one this coming week.  My first as in 2015. Last year I felt a lump confirmed by my Internist and she sent me for another mammogram and ultrasound. The techs were all wonderful.   It came back as a normal lymph node. I don't have much fat on my body so I am pretty lean even under the arms and sides, which is where I felt the lump.  My breasts have pretty clear border lines between breast and my side. They stop abruptly like a females would.

You are correct, my urologist and internist are both wonderful doctors that have really supported me.  My internist tells me to wear a bra. I didn't wear one in my last visit. She asked why and I said " I didn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything.". Her response was "Don't be ridiculous. It is about your comfort, so wear one next time.".

I am worked through the loss of my testes.  It has impacted my body a bit, but I am fairly self confident about who I am, which is a good thing.

Sorry your insurance is crap.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024