Author Topic: Sports bra for controlling movement and stimulation  (Read 1708 times)

Offline kam98

• Posting Member
Hi, I have a pituitary tumor that has lead to minor lactation and gyno somewhere around a B or C cup. Do you think a sports bra will help with keeping my nipples from getting stimulated such as rubbing against my shirt throughout the day? Stimulation can help increases prolactin so trying to do my best to keep that under control. Any ideas are welcome 

p.r.1974

Breasts move a lot, so the pullover type sports bra tends to act as a binder of sorts depending on shape. compression is one thing, but I have found that my boobs still move around in them. An encapsulated high impact sports bra keeps them as still as possible, and would be my choice. These do project more though.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I agree with p.r.1974. Encapsulated is best for movement, though in sports bras, that tends to make the bras thicker. A lighter weight, front clasp, tee shirt bra might be a little easier to hide. It’s my go to style.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
While I really can't speak to "B or C cup", I've found that Oalka makes good quality sports bras that fit men very well.  They are both inexpensive and functional IMO:

(Amazon) Oalka Women's Racerback Sports Fitness Support Workout Running Bras at Amazon Women’s Clothing store

For me, I have long since thrown away any bras/support garments in favor of these garments and a few "male specific" garments from companies like Spanx and Underworks.  They are (surprisingly, given the strap elastic thickness) almost invisible under male garments, and I've only been "nearly busted" by my wife while wearing them - lol.  If she only knew, right?

If I had to complain, the gray and black colored items seem to be negatively affected by "underarm products" more than they should be and might end up staining on you.  I think most men won't care about that; we're doing this for comfort as opposed to beauty, right?

I think at least one Oalka sports bra is worthy of your attention, and/or purchase, but ... it could be a waste your time and money if it doesn't work out :)

aboywithgirls

I had the same issue while I was lactating. My lactation started after a mammogram a few years ago. I understand that it's common in women of my age, going through menopause. When it happened to me, the imaging tech gave me some nursing pads to insert in the cups of my bra. They are soft and absorbent and very comfortable for irritated nipples. This is what I used for several months afterwards. They kept me comfortable and dry all day long.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPHR7DF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_23MDQMVC74XDJ8VP3H9T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Offline taxmapper

When this started for me, I went almost exclusively sports bras.  
For me more comfortable and the padding stops the protrusion and protects the chest.  
I do a fair amount of work on such things as cars, wood cutting, physical stuff etc. 

I have also discovered the joys of seat belts, and when brought up with several women, they have all universally sucked in their lips, nodded their head and said... "yep..." 

The padding helps greatly and the non-use of a standard and especially non padded bra is a jot to me. 

Offline Johndoe1

Seat belts! I have yet to find a completely comfortable way wear them.Depending on where it lays on my chest, it's either cutting into my neck with the strap on the outside of breast. Riding over my breast pressing down on the nipple or forced to sit in my cleavage cutting into the inner sides of my breasts. There has to be a better way.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

Seat belts are the WORST! I default to the " put the belt between the girls" position. If you're with someone else in the car, there will be no doubt how big they really are! lol 😆

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Yeah, I’m constantly readjusting my seatbelt too! It’s always digging into my neck, it’s second nature now to adjust it off my neck and back under the right boob as we go down the road.

Offline taxmapper

Yeah, I’m constantly readjusting my seatbelt too! It’s always digging into my neck, it’s second nature now to adjust it off my neck and back under the right boob as we go down the road.

yeah that's right.. Ya'll drive on the wrong side of the road.....

;)

for me its the left side that get it. 

I tell some that it feels like a dull serrated knife running across the nip.  

Every woman I have said that to, cringes... 

bikerbob

"If I had to complain, the gray and black colored items seem to be negatively affected by "underarm products" more than they should be and might end up staining on you.  I think most men won't care about that; we're doing this for comfort as opposed to beauty, right?"

I know nobody but me is going to notice, but I am kind of picky about caring for my bras.  I hand wash them instead of tossing them in the washing machine like my wife does with hers and I have a number of the same style in different colors so I can rotate them.  As far as the underarm products staining them, I have had pretty good luck with Spray & Wash type products.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024