Author Topic: Breast Lift  (Read 2691 times)

Offline mgkaiser

I have gynecomastia.  I also have VERY sensitive nipples and would not want to risk losing sensitivity.  If I hold my breasts up I am happy with the look.  Has any body had just a breast lift?  Leave the gland alone and tighten up the skin around it.  They do em for women and there is minimal loss of sensitivity.

DrBermant

I have gynecomastia.  I also have VERY sensitive nipples and would not want to risk losing sensitivity.  If I hold my breasts up I am happy with the look.  Has any body had just a breast lift?  Leave the gland alone and tighten up the skin around it.  They do em for women and there is minimal loss of sensitivity.
Excess Skin does not look good on the male chest.

Yes, a male mastopexy chest lift with or without reduction is possible.  My Internal Male Chest Lift Without Skin Reduction is an option for some.  When there is a good deal of excess skin, Skin Reduction Scars for a Chest Lift can be a good compromise.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline mgkaiser

I would absolutely trade more scaring if it kept my sensitivity.  Something like a doughnut mastopexy would be ideal.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
A peri-areolar (donut) mastopexy might be ideal for your particular circumstance.  It all depends on the size of your areolas.  If they are small in diameter, then the donut technique probably wouldn't work.  If you have large diameter areolas, then a partial reduction of the diameter plus a bit of skin outside the edge of the areolas would probably be of help.

One thing to keep in mind --the scars from a donut mastopexy tend to spread and can be difficult to conceal.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I would absolutely trade more scaring if it kept my sensitivity.  Something like a doughnut mastopexy would be ideal.

Male Donut Mastopexy (also Doughnut Mastopexy) is an art form and totally different than the operation for women. Look for specific examples of your surgeon's work on men before deciding.  Check out the disaster of Very Large Areola Complication from not balancing the long term forces.  I have seen several such problems from other surgeon's misadventures. This particular example traveled for my help from Australia.  His doctor had reportedly told him after surgery that his expectations were not realistic and there were limitations of what surgery could offer. Although I have been educating my patients about realistic expectations and limitations of surgery throughout my career, check out the patient's before any surgery pictures and what that doctor left him with!  There is a difference between realistic expectations and results that were so much worse than the original problem.  No amount of time and patience would have improved that patient's first results.  Then look at the patient in the pool enjoying his chest after appropriate revision surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024