Author Topic: Sons recent Gynocamstia surgery  (Read 2892 times)

Offline jurdy0

First let me express my gratitude for this website.  The information I gleaned from here has been invaluable and also lead me to our surgeon, the wonderful Dr. Delgado in SF and Marin. I tried desperately to post before and after pics with no success.  Files were either too large or I always got some type of error.  No matter what I did, nothing worked. Too bad as the pictures show the story of my sons successful treatment.  Has anyone else experienced this type of frustration?  I see lots of pics posted.  Please help me out here. IT shouldn't be this difficult.  Anyway, moving on for now....

My 13 year old son is a serious swimmer and spends much of the year without his shirt on.  He also went through early puberty so his gynecomastia advanced quickly within the last year (left side only).  After consultation with Dr. Delgado, and numerous visits to this website, my husband, son and I determined that it was best to proceed forward and have the surgery before he started high school.  We are thrilled with the results.  My son is ecstatic.  I did have to battle with the insurance company, but ultimately they agreed to cover the procedure.  I documented every phone call and every person I spoke with; we saw an endocrinologist and had lots of testing done.  Finally the insurance company was satisfied and agreed to cover the procedure.  Dr. Delgado was/is amazing.  He is an artist.  A perfectionist.  My son was the beneficiary of his extremely talented professional gifs.  Even the post op staff commented on what a pleasure it was to assist him with the surgery.  Additionally, his office staff are some of the most professional and kindest people I've come in contact with yet within the confines of the medical establishment- Impeccable follow up and responsive.  Dr. Delgado even went as far as to come by and check on my son six hours post op, at the hotel we stayed at near the hospital (a place suggested by Delgado's office).

I'm posting my son's before/after pics.  The surgery was done on April 27th, and the pics were taken 6 weeks later.  He still has some discomfort but he's back in the water swimming and the scar on his areola is minimal at this point.  Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.   If insurance had not covered it we would have paid the cost out of pocket.  As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.  You will get your return on your investment with Dr. Delgado.  Cosmetically speaking, this is far too important of a procedure NOT to have the very best.

Offline Gamer7

• Posting Member
It's amazing that your insurance paid for the whole procedure.  That's awesome.  We are in a similar situation as yours and my son is scheduled with Dr. Delgado next month.
Can you tell me how your son was feeling after the surgery and a couple of days later?  Did you go home after spending only one night at the hotel after surgery and did you feel comfortable doing that or would you recommend staying 2 nights at the hotel after the surgery? 
Anything else you want to share would be appreciated.  Glad things went so well for your son.  I hope you can get the pictures up.  I'm sending you a PM...

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Just trying to bring this post up!

Jurdy0,
congratulations on your son's surgery.
were you able to upload some pics?
also, how many nights did you stay at the hotel and on which days did you have to meet with Dr. D?

thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:59:19 PM by LAgyne »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024