Author Topic: 8days post op! update/question  (Read 2487 times)

Offline fugyno9

• Posting Member
Yo guys! currently 8 days post op now, been back at work for past 3 days with some light lifting and everything is fine as im taking it easy if something feels uncomfortable i stop... From day 1 to day8 i honestly havent noticed ANY swelling(knock on wood) and i feel great. Today i was  even able to a pump a couple push ups off no problem cant wait to get back in the gym full time again! Only problem is still this compression vest its awful having to wear it for a month, ive noticed through other posts that there is a website http://www.underworks.com. Do you have to put those square rubber pieces under their vests to? Or is it enough to compression to wear a single layer. Nothing is worse than avoiding every hug etc  ???

Offline kaka

• Posting Member
LOL @ avoiding every Hug.. I can relate to that.  also,try to take it easy at working out you may fell 100% but your body is still healing. Buy the stage 2 vest that looks like a Tank top. buy a size smaller. and you wont need anything underneath the vest. just wear  i didn't work out until 3weeks and i wear my stage two vest at the gym and especially when running.

Hope helps.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Man, give it time.

Do what the doc says and wear the compression vests and stay out of the gym until he says it is ok.

Really, you don't want to screw things up.

I'm 12 weeks out, and am doing everything, but I can tell I still am not completely healed.

DrBermant

LOL @ avoiding every Hug.. I can relate to that.  also,try to take it easy at working out you may fell 100% but your body is still healing. Buy the stage 2 vest that looks like a Tank top. buy a size smaller. and you wont need anything underneath the vest. just wear  i didn't work out until 3weeks and i wear my stage two vest at the gym and especially when running.

Hope helps.

A Stage 2 After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can help with stabilizing tissues after surgery and with the scars. Scars that evolve under pressure do much better than scars without pressure. I prefer to individually fit each of my patients with both of their After Surgery Compression Garments before the operation. The second stage is rarely a different size than the First Stage Garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024