Author Topic: Any steroid abusers?  (Read 5535 times)

Offline steroid abuser

• Posting Member
My case of gyne is a direct result of steroid abuse. Plus my 'bitch breasts' seem to be a little worse than most of the pictures I see posted on here. Can anyone else relate to getting gyne from taking enormous amounts of steroids. And if so was there anything you can do until u get surgery, like take another cycle or lift naturally or take any supplements or anything at all? Any responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline hustler36

• Posting Member
  • I love PuSSy!
    I did a 6 week cycle of sustanin and d-bol on top of smoking weed regularly for the past 10 years.  But I didn't really notice any side effects till after the roids.  I think they were the main cause.  $300 bucks for 25 pounds of solid muscle still aint worth $3400 for surgery.  Plus there might be more side effects I might not see for another few years.  Stay off the roids!

Offline target3

• Posting Member
How will you have side effects for the next few years?

Offline steroid abuser

• Posting Member
Like an idiot I stayed on roids almost non-stop for 15 years and large doses. I was addicted to lookin like a greek god. But now I am left with still a decent body but a feminine looking chest to the point where it's embarrassing to take my shirt off. Especially after for years never wanting to have my shirt on! I assume that surgery is my only option. Will the surgery get my chest looking hard again? Thank you for any responses.

Offline target3

• Posting Member
Have you had your testosterone checked lately? Maybe you have low T due to being shutdown for so long?

Offline steroid abuser

• Posting Member
I have not been tested on my testosterone level. But how does your t level make a difference with gyne? Thanks for your response.

Offline esr

• Posting Member
Without a doubt, taking steroids beginning in the early '80's was one of the stupidest things I have ever done, and I've done alot of stupid things. It left me with flabby breasts and small balls. Getting lean helps some but the flabby breasts persist, and it's been over 20 years. This time I decided to look into surgery but only after I've gotten as lean as possible. I started my diet/exercise regimen Dec. 18, 2005 and have gone from 210 to 178 and have plateaued now for about 3 weeks. My goal is around 160 lbs. I am 5'8. My gyno is all steroid induced (I started smoking weed about 3 years ago for insomnia and have been drinking moderately for about 2 years but the gyno has neither receded or worsened during that time). At my age 54, I get tremendous compliments when I am at my desired weight, but the gyno shames the shit out of me and I do everthing to hide it even though it's not as bad as alot of guys I've seen who used steroids. For you young guys, stay off the juice or you'll live to regret it.
I just discovered this site today so it's my first post.

Offline esr

• Posting Member
Btw, after a quick review of this site, I have read that Dr. Sanders is popular here in L.A., so I called and made an appointment for July (the earliest I could get). If anyone has other doctor recommendations for Los Angeles I would appreciate hearing about it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 12:19:43 PM by esr »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are others who know a lot more than I about steroids and hormone issues in general, But perhaps I can shed some light even though I do not know the precise chemistry involved.

As I understand it, the body tries to maintain a certain level of testosterone. When the level gets too high, Two things happen.  The Testicles are turned down or off to reduce their output and the surplus testosterone is aromatized (converted) into estrogen.  Oops!  

We all have both Testosterone and Estrogen, but the relationship between the two is what determines the development of secondary sex characteristics such as breasts.  So, even if your Testosterone level was normal, an elevated Estrogen level would have a feminizing effect.  Conversely if your Estrogen level was normal but your Testosterone level was low there could be some degree of feminization.  It is the relation between them that is important.

What is important now is that you see an Endocrinologist who specializes in reproductive issues and get some tests to see just how far out of whack your hormones are and what can be done (under competent medical supervision) to remedy the situation.  

You have made a very important first step in that you have owned up to your past mistakes.  Now see the Endocrinologist and get on the way to better health.  

In my own case, Gynecomastia runs in the family and I had some developmental problems when young.  I've never used steroids except for short term prescription use.  I've never smoke Marijuana either.  You younger guys may be surprised to learn that marijuana was grown in California for fiber to make rope durring the 1940's.  Times change.

Good luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline steroid abuser

• Posting Member
Thank you for all your responses. Anadrol, Winstrol and any testosterone were my main juice. I did not notice the gyne until deciding to come off the roids. I never put a needle in me that wasn't totally filled-3-4 cc's per shot along with anadrol. Enormous amounts and than abruptly stopped. And my stupidity has left me with gyne. I'm leaving for vacation right now and will be extremely conscious when my shirt comes off. What a different way of life. This truly sucks. Thank u for all of your responses and I look forward to reading more when I get back. Thanks again for the responses.

Offline saile

• Posting Member
 even i who never touched any steroids or prohormones in my life  know that you need an extensive substance regimen to get your natural test production back to normal after juicing, not to mention keeping estro levels down. not to bounce on anything or so, but id like to add here, that if somebody ever decides to do roids, do your homework before. steroid use does not always have to equal abuse.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:00:22 AM by saile »

Offline hypo

Long term steroid use can damage the testicles reducing their ability to produce sperm and testosterone causing primary hypogonadism.  

Heavy steroid use can also damage the pituitary and its ability to produce gonadotropins resulting in secondary hypogonadism.

After coming off of steroids it is also possible to have a permanent adverse alteration in the testosterone to estrogen ratio and have what is referred to as metabolic hypogonadism.

That is before you start looking at the many other factors such as blood pressure, adrenals etc.

jtblade21,

you need to see an endocrinologist and get yourself checked out.

If you tell me where you live I’ll get you the contact details for endocrinologists that deal with such issues that are in your area.

Offline Vail

• Posting Member
Did you use proper PCT?

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
do you think PCT really works?

Offline steroid abuser

• Posting Member
What do you mean by PCT? Bare with me I'm new to the board and haven't figured out all the abreviations yet.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024