Author Topic: Surgery booked 2nd of August with Alex Karidis  (Read 7077 times)

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
Hi All,

Just to update you I had my consultation with Alex Karidis today and have now booked my surgery with him on the 2nd of August. He made me feel very comfortable with what he was going to do. One of the main reasons I have decide to go with him is he will only make a 5 to 7 mm incision in the nipple where as another PS I have spoken to was planning to make an incision from one half of the nipple to the other, of course this would leave a bigger scar. Also people on here that have used him seem very happy with the results.

I will keep you all posted to let you know how it goes and will sort some pic's up of before and after shots once done. I have a puffy nipple and a mild case of gynrcomastia, most of it is just gland as I am not carrying to much weight.

Any advice or if any one else has used him it would be nice to here from you.

Thanks for all your advice and information you have supplied on this web site, I do not think I would have been able to do it with out you.

Once again Thanks

Alex

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
One thing to add I was going to wait until the colder weather but I was told I will only need the vest on for a week so I am thinking I should be able to put up with this and take a week off work.

Offline rogerq

• Posting Member
Hi,

I was also thinking of Alex Karidis. I had a consultation with Levick about 3 months ago but i really want to see somone else before making a decision. I am really worried about Levick removing too much fat. I think that Karidis may have a little more control with his procedure. I could be wrong but i havn't read of any Karidis patients complaining of too much fat being removed and being left with a concave appearance. Do you know if you will require a general anesthetic with Karidis?

Roger

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
Yea you do have a general anestheric to put you to sleep. I put his name in the search to bring up all posts on him and I did not really find one complant, the only thing I did find was one guy used him to have revision from another PS and he had to go back another two times but was happy in the end and this was only becasue some one else made a mess first time around.

Offline rogerq

• Posting Member
Hi Alex,

I will be very interested to hear how you get on. August is not so far away, I was under the impression that getting a date for surgery would take longer than this. I am hoping to get a consultation in the next couple of months. I was wondering if you can answer a few questions.
You say Karidis will make an incision in the nipple. What is the incision for? I was assuming he somehow used a form of power assisted liposuction to remove the gland therefore no large incision would be required. So will he actually be cutting the gland out?

I don’t really think this is a major problem if the scar is small enough and is not really visible once healed.

-Do you know how many of these procedures Karidis does/has done?
-Did he show you any before and after pictures?

-Can you tell me how much the procedure costs with Karidis?

Sorry to be a pain and ask so many questions!

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
No problem,

The incision in the nipple is to remove the gland, he will cut it out but I do not know how he does this through such a small hole, I think they grab it and pull it out the hole the cut it, there is a vidoe on you tube have a look there.

I do not know how many he has done but I do know people on here have used him and been very happy, he also told me he does like to do them as it is one of his main areas he looks in to. He does so them on a very regular basis.

Yes he did show me pics, some were before the new technic with a bigger scar but still looked fine and the others were with the small scar, again they looked really good.

For me it will cost £4500

I hope this has helped

Alex

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
I also had a consultation with him and was very impressed. He said that he takes the gland out using a tiny incision and does it piecemeal

He told me he had done 450 of these already.  He does this as a day case you go in the morning and can leave in the afternoon. He also does not need to use drains usually with this operation.

I asked him about the risk of it being concave and looking worse than before all sucked in etc and he agreed that had to be avoided and is no good at all.

Said the op would take about 45 minutes to do both sides, so he must work pretty quickly but I do have quite a mild case with a bit of fat and gland.

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
Yes your the same as me, I have a big gland that makes the nipple very puffy, and a very small amount of fat, if the nipple was not puffy mine would not be as much of an issue for me at this time. This could of course change as I get older in life and put more weight on.

Offline rogerq

• Posting Member
Hi Tommya,

I have booked an appointment for the 7th September. I'll let you know how it goes.

Parm

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
8 days to go and starting to brick it!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

All the very best of luck to you both.  I’m sure this will be one of the best decisions you will have ever made.

Keep us all posted as to how it goes?

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
good luck - i'm going the NHS route at the moment, it's a slow process but hopefully I will be sorted soon too

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
u be fine with Alex, he did correction surgery for me correcting grobellars huge mistakes.   kardis results are now A1, and my chest looks great.  it was a  long road for me, but dnt give up and u get there in the end.  i jsut wish i went to karidis in the 1st place.  and hes a nice guy 2.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
Good luck, please let us know how it goes. Am thinking of booking in with him later this year after I had the consult a month or so ago

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
Thanks for all the support. I will let you all know how it has gone as soon as I can after the op. I have been wating for this day for years and have read so much on this condition but my mind has now gone blank and the day is almost here!

Taking arnica now.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024