Author Topic: any armpits incision to remove gland stories?  (Read 2699 times)

Offline yelp

• Posting Member
seems to be a real lack of info on this subject.  I have a mild case of puffy nipples but it bothers me

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Puffy nipples are caused by a growth of fairly solid breast tissue immediately below the areola.  Appropriate treatment is to remove just the right amount of excess tissue and also free up the surrounding skin so that everything can settle down.

The use of remote incisions can sometimes work -- but it involves any number of instruments, cannulas, etc, which may sometimes work but often do not.  The use of a peri-areolar incision for puffy nipples (my preferred technique), allows for absolute precision in the removal of excess tissue so as to leave a smooth, uniform thickness of skin and soft tissue.  It also allows for observation and treatment of any bleeding vessels.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member
so doctor? do you think the keyhole ( lateral pull through technique...somthing like that ) which am gonna be getting on may 30th  is not recommended? do you think lipo and excision is the best choice?

what are the risks involved in this keyhole technique?

thanks..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Any technique may work well given the right patient and the right surgeon.  There is no way for me to tell you whether it is right or wrong -- sorry.

Dr Jacobs

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024