Author Topic: Surgery in BC & Canada  (Read 1719 times)

Offline vancouver_dude

Does anyone know why there is such a discrepancy in surgery costs for Canadian surgeons?

I'm 33 and I live in Vancouver. I've started looking around and it seems like surgery (liposuction + incision) is no less than $7000.. for me at least. I have a mild case of gynocomastia. It also seems that although the doctors in Ontario are more experienced, they charge less... like under $3000??

I looked at Dr. Ward and he was over $8000, I had a consult with Dr. Kerluke and it was $7100. How much is Dr. Fielding in Toronto?

The more it looks like its gonna be WAY cheaper to fly back and forth from Vancouver to Toronto to do this.

Any insight/ suggestions are most welcomed! Thanks!

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
 Wow that's pretty high, but like they say, you get what you pay for. You could try and find a surgeon that does it for $3000 and have a higher risk for complications, and you might have crater deformities etc... But Dr.Fielding is experienced and very good at gyne surgery. I honestly doubt he'll do it for less than $6000-7000. Especially since the dollar is worth  less up north.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024