Author Topic: stressed out!  (Read 4250 times)

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
ok ok i had my consultation today and the Doctor was very help full and knowledgeable and he's about $3000 less than the other docter im going to see. the only thing that is really bothering me is that he said he only does about 10 a year! whats a guy to do? go with the guy that has more experience or go with the guy who is $3000 cheaper!!!???? im really confused and stressing about this. any advice would be helpful

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Listen brother, If the other guy has much more experience and knowledge about the surgery then 3.000 more is nothing... I am getting my surgery done by Dr Jacobs in NYC...yea it might be 7.500 but I know that I am going with a doctor with A LOT of experience and one that has a 2 decade experience on gyno....

Remember you might pay 3.000 less but image if your results are terrible, and then you have to get  it redone and pay more for a better doctor.... This is something your doing on yourself, so paying 3.000 is nothing since this is going to change your life.... its like getting the same car but one is 3.000 less....but that one might break down quicker... so if I was you I would go for the more expensive doctor...BUT if the more expensive doctor has not much more experience then this cheaper one then I would look for someone who truly has expertise in the gyno area....

When it comes to your gyno and chest money should not play a part.....I rather lay on a table and know when I take up Im gonna be flat, then lay on a table and worry and go insane since I dont know if the guy performing it will screw me up....
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
thanks man that helps ALOT! and its a load off my mind! hopefully this other guy will have alot more experience if not im going to look for someone else!

Offline NH

• Posting Member
Ask yourself what's more important: the leftover $3,000 or the peace of mind that your chances of errors are MUCH lower. I personally believe that if your gyne is important enough to toss out a few thousand dollars for surgery, you may as well toss out a few more to ensure that you will finally be happy with your chest. Good luck!

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
hey thanks man you guys are making me feel alot better about this!

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Put it this way. If someone gave you TODAY 200,000 $ to keep your gyne, would you do it ? I'm sure your answer is NO.

So 3,000$ is nothing.

No matter how much you end up paying, if the results are good, it's going the be the best investment in your life time. Specially if you are young, the boost of confidence will probably lead you to a better career and a better overall life which will make up for any money you payed for the surgery.

Offline jackanonymous

• Bronze Member
Lol, $200K is a bit over the top, although I agree that for $3k the risk isn't worth it... kinda. 

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
haha yea its over the top but he's right on spot! even for the money

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Experience is key.. cost comparison among qualified surgeons is one thing. But, it's your body, man. Make sure you make this decision with confidence. You want surgeon who does this all the time and has seen pretty much every scenario. Good luck!
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Put it this way. If someone gave you TODAY 200,000 $ to keep your gyne, would you do it ? I'm sure your answer is NO.

So 3,000$ is nothing.

No matter how much you end up paying, if the results are good, it's going the be the best investment in your life time. Specially if you are young, the boost of confidence will probably lead you to a better career and a better overall life which will make up for any money you payed for the surgery.

For 200k, i'd get implants...

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member

So 3,000$ is nothing.

For 200k, i'd get implants...

This can turn into a dangerous conversation.. Asking what a man would be willing to do for 200k  :o

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
gramps told me a hundred a year is good for experience. that just seems like soo much! any one else got an openion on this?

Offline MSJ108

experience is key!! go with the guy that does it more often

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024