Author Topic: Ultrasound Results  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Hi guys

Just had an ultrasound this morning and the results according to the doctor were large amounts of fat tissue and not a lot of gland tissue. First I felt a bit upset thinking well this whole thing is a waste of time/money but I am seeing my surgeon on friday to discuss the results which just liposuction looking like the answer.

What do you guys think? Is it worth having just lipo and no removal of gland? Lipo sounds right if the ultrasound is right/useful but how useful are these things if you know wot I mean? Thanks

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member
It takes just a little bit of gland to cause puffy nipples! My left side had gland the size of 3 peas and was very puffy.. If you are overweight it is one thing but if you manage your weight and still have gyno remove as much of the gland as possible!

KCB
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:26:34 PM by KCbro »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Ultrasound is notorious for missing male gland tissue.  Maybe that's because it's often mixed with fat.  You may or may not have more gland than the ultrasound indicated.   At any rate, the surgeon should be ready and willing to perform gland excision if found necessary during the surgery.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
Ultrasound is notorious for missing male gland tissue.  Maybe that's because it's often mixed with fat.  You may or may not have more gland than the ultrasound indicated.

Exactly. Yeah, I wouldn't go by that at all. Take all of that information to your PS and he'll be able to tell you what's what and what he may need to do.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024