Author Topic: puffy nipples  (Read 23246 times)

keklol

Im 19 and about 5'9 and very slim, and ive got puffy nipples. This started when i was about 17 or so and now im 19 and it hasnt gone away or got worse its just stayed the same. So my question is - will it go away? I dont do any exercise (but i am still very slim), I eat quite alot of sugary food and I absolotutly hate my puffy nipples (I also feel a kinda "disc" like shape behind my nipple wtf is that?!)

The problem is because im quite thin they show up loads and that sucks, I hate having it and I dont understand how people actually like having it. I HATE not going on holiday because of this stupid thing its really annoying, yet im way too nervous to tell anyone about it. I first noticed it when i took my shirt off and one of my mates went lol you got puffy nipples - ever since I have felt like crap tbh and its really annoying me now.

So will it go away by its self? Or will I have to suffer...? Is there anything I can do? ive seen alot of these pills ect avaliable and i REALLY dont want to go surgery, the embaresment would kill me before i actually had the operation.

Thx

DrBermant

Im 19 and about 5'9 and very slim, and ive got puffy nipples. This started when i was about 17 or so and now im 19 and it hasnt gone away or got worse its just stayed the same. So my question is - will it go away? I dont do any exercise (but i am still very slim), I eat quite alot of sugary food and I absolotutly hate my puffy nipples (I also feel a kinda "disc" like shape behind my nipple wtf is that?!)

The problem is because im quite thin they show up loads and that sucks, I hate having it and I dont understand how people actually like having it. I HATE not going on holiday because of this stupid thing its really annoying, yet im way too nervous to tell anyone about it. I first noticed it when i took my shirt off and one of my mates went lol you got puffy nipples - ever since I have felt like crap tbh and its really annoying me now.

So will it go away by its self? Or will I have to suffer...? Is there anything I can do? ive seen alot of these pills ect avaliable and i REALLY dont want to go surgery, the embaresment would kill me before i actually had the operation.

Thx

Gynecomastia that has not gone away by two years, typically does not resolve on its own.  Options depend on the problem.

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia. 

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.  This Gynecomastia Picture Gallery of Puffy Nipples begins to show some of the various problems patients have called "puffy."

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

keklol

so exercise wont help at all? Nor cutting down my diet on sugar ect?

DrBermant

so exercise wont help at all? Nor cutting down my diet on sugar ect?

Gynecomastia is a contour issue. The contour problem can be one of gland, localized fat, general fat, and excess skin. 

When excess fat is the issue, exercising can be a very valuable tool.  A Fat Sumo Wrestler will have gynecomastia and a female like breast contour.  Someone with a great deal of fat typically would be better off losing weight before plastic surgery.  Excess fat is often on the chest, under the arms, around the back, on the belly, around the sides, and extending around the back.  Fat also exists in the belly under the muscle.  How skin shrinks with weight loss is a major issue.  Having plastic surgery, and then losing major weight typically results in sagging skin and results nowhere as good as surgery deferred until after the weight loss.

High BMI can mean excess fat and or muscle.  The weight used in the calculation does not distinguish between fat and muscle nor bone weight.  Those with more fat on their bodies tend to need more extensive fat removal during typical surgery.  Those with low fat content, seem to need much less fat removed.  For the many bodybuilders I take care of with massive muscles and very little fat, I typically find there is little fat to remove as I target the gland first and use the small amount of fat that remains to sculpt the gland defect.  Most of my many bodybuilders and athletes have told me that as they built their muscles, what ever was on top of the muscle got pushed out further.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024