Author Topic: Gynecomastia Surgery Excision Only!!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Cadel

• Posting Member
Hey I have surgery on the 25th of feb for excision only and I know lipo and excision are better but i am ONLY getting excision. my only question is why do people not like excision only whats so bad about it ? all I want is to get rid of the cone shape the rest of the fat i can burn off and have done in the past, i am 5'9 210 pounds and am not skinny I will attach pictures from now and when I was 185 pounds. please tell me why excision only is not good. I just want to get rid of the cone shape i dont care about the rest. and if you guys have before and after pictures of excision only please post.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

Did YOU choose to have the gland removal without liposuction or was it suggested by the surgeon?

Honestly, I don't think a good plastic surgeon who is specialized in G surgery and knows what he is doing would just simply listen to patient and ditch the liposuction part when it's needed to deliver natural looking chest contour.

I believe, in most cases, if liposuction is not used in conjunction with gland removal, the chest will end up looking like it's been amputated.  Liposuction will give a natural looking curvature over and around the chest and pec muscle.

Is the surgeon a board certified plastic surgeon who is specialized in G surgery and not just a generic plastic surgeon?

Good luck!
---Bobby

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
i'll let you know soon how mine went, im in bandages right now and can't take them off, i got mine one yesterday excision only

everyone here says you need lipo but i guess i'll check tomorrow (have appointment at 8 in the morning where he takes it off)

Offline grantie14

how did you go mate?
i'm about to go through the same thing, no lipo.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Any board certified plastic surgeon should be proficient with liposuction, and in my opinion it is an important part of gynecomastia surgery, particularly in patients who have a high BMI or even are carrying just a little extra weight.  While gland removal is certainly of primary importance, the suctioning of fat across the chest wall, specifically that fat around the gland tissue, helps create an even contour.  Excess fat is often a visible part of the problem, and liposuction will take care of that.
I know there are many general surgeons performing gynecomastia surgery.  I just wonder if your surgeon is trained in plastic surgery as well.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024