Author Topic: Trip Report of a 24 Year Old: Karidis Surgery on 11th August (DONE)  (Read 10176 times)

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
OK, so the nurse asked me if I would like my invoice sent in the post. Totally trying to play it cool I was just like 'yeah, sure' ... well it arrived a couple of days back and on the envelope it was addressed to myself, stating that it was an invoice and from St John and Elizabeth hospital. Hah! I share a flat with another couple and luckily we spotted it first, but whoops - if you want to keep this a secret make absolutely sure you don't accept any post.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
hey dude!

man i've been so busy that i havn't had time to be on the forum. Cant believe its all done for you! well done!

Had my follow up with Dr. K some weeks ago, things are going well and im loving the freedom. I need to build up some muscle and loose some armpit fat to get the perfect result, but generally i am happy. if it proves difficult might get a little extra lipo on armpit area

healing prcoess is long, but your results already look great. look forward to keeping updated!

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Hi LondonGuy, thanks for your comments, glad things are going well for you... time has moved so damn quickly; doesn't feel long ago that I was following your story... it's 2 months now! I've also been far too busy as well, I'm not back in London until the weekend so my two week update is going to have to turn into three.

The freedom is absolutely awesome; I have several t-shirts that I bought online ages ago without realising how light they were and how much my gyno would stick out, they've spent many years at the back of the wardrobe - it's been so good to finally wear them without thinking twice. I still get an urge to rub away at the puffiness but I don't need that anymore, it's great but I'm still getting used to it.

For anyone considering this op it's absolutely worth the money. My scars have already become unnoticeable to anyone other than me, summer 2013 is going to be unreal.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Just had the letter from Dr. Karidis; 11g and 12g from left and right with 200ml of fat aspirated. Have to say I'm surprised that it was that much gland, must've all been focused on pushed dem nipples right out!

Well at least it justifies the whole thing :)

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Well at least it justifies the whole thing :)
Exactly what I though when I saw a picture of the gland, justified the whole process for me. Still don't know exactly how much it all weight, but it was about 200ml fat.

Hows your recovery going? Hows the arm mobility?

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Hey darkstar, congrats on your op mate - hope you're feeling elated with it all!

Mobility is all good, went for a run today which was totally fine and recovery has generally been really good. Had almost no pain since the op and swelling went down by 2 weeks.

Currently got some scar tissue that is puffing out my left nipple and creases all over the place. I've been expecting all of this stuff though so I'm just waiting out. When I get a chance I'll post some pictures.

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
Mate, when did you stop wearing the comparison vest if you have?

Would you say its about 2 weeks until the bruising and swelling starts to go down?

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Mate, when did you stop wearing the comparison vest if you have?

Would you say its about 2 weeks until the bruising and swelling starts to go down?

Stopped wearing it 24/7 after two weeks, then been wearing it to bed every night since - will stop after Saturday (4 weeks post op). I've ready loads of different stories though, some surgeons recommend around 2 months of wearing it 24/7 while others say the benefits are over in just a week. I've gone half way, kind of.

What I'm doing is also what Karidis recommends.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
OK I just keep putting off actually writing an update. Below I'm going to right some cliff notes of what has happened since 2 weeks to now 5 weeks and then in a year I'll be back to give a full bloody update and a raving endorsement or rant for Dr. Karidis.

- Nipple went black after a few days - 'omg it's necrosis', was totally fine and weirdly scabbed over at the 2 week mark. It peeled off to reveal a fecking awesome new nipplet! Other nipple now looks old and boring.

- Scar tissue came through. Left nipple pretty puffy right now but lots of massaging and time should fix it up.

- Complete mobility back now, doesn't feel at all like I've had anything done, scars are practically invisible; only telling sign is puffiness and scar tissue.

- Despite slight puffiness, wearing t-shirts has not been a problem. It's been so damn brilliant walking around without gyno in the back of my head.

- Vest was totally fine, I kind of miss it so still wear it at nights. Not sure what everyone complains about!

Will be browsing the forum every now and then if anyone has any questions, looking forward to posting a 12 month update!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024