Author Topic: Puffy Nipples, no lump  (Read 10290 times)

Offline rupert20

• Posting Member
Hey, so I am aware that it is impossible to tell how much is gland, fat etc. I am 5' 10'' and 170 pounds.  I am pretty much in shape, but I have a little extra fat, and on my chest. However, my name problem are my puffy nipples.

However, my nipples are not firm, they are soft, and when I feel around I do not feel any "hard lump" underneath them.

When I am cold, they look normal.  When I jump up and down my chest jiggles like my love handles, and I honestly do not feel a separate gland.  Will losing weight most likely clear up my puffy nipples?

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
The gland can be hard or soft I have soft gland everyone in different, it can be mostly fat or mostly gland but usually a combination of both.

DrBermant

Hey, so I am aware that it is impossible to tell how much is gland, fat etc. I am 5' 10'' and 170 pounds.  I am pretty much in shape, but I have a little extra fat, and on my chest. However, my name problem are my puffy nipples.

However, my nipples are not firm, they are soft, and when I feel around I do not feel any "hard lump" underneath them.

When I am cold, they look normal.  When I jump up and down my chest jiggles like my love handles, and I honestly do not feel a separate gland.  Will losing weight most likely clear up my puffy nipples?

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia can mean different issues to each individual.

The deforming element of Puffy Nipple Anatomy can be fat, gland and or skin.  Although fat tends to be soft and gland firm, gland can be soft and fat firm.  Not all puffy nipple gynecomastia will have lumps on Examination of the Male Chest.

There is a thin muscle just under the areola - nipple that when stimulated tends to flatten puffed nipple gynecomastia. When this muscle relaxes, the underlying deformity reveals itself again.  It is not practical to keep stimulating this muscle.

Weight loss can help with the fat component, but not the gland nor skin issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your height and weight are quite normal.  Any excessive tissue on your chest could technically be termed gynecomastia.  Your own exam of your chest cannot tell fat from gland -- indeed it is even difficult for me to tell in many cases, and I have examined thousands of male chests.

Best way to answer your question is not to try to self-diagnose but to visit a surgeon experienced in gyne surgery and get a professional opinion.  He can also answer many of your questions.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024