Author Topic: Updated Pics.  (Read 8054 times)

Offline rcbrown23

I'm massaging with "cocoa butter with vitamin E". About 10-15 minutes per side. Start at the nip, and massage outward over the entire pec area. Start with a light touch, and gradually work up to a deep massage.

Not swimming yet. One side has a scar that is far from invisible. It does not follow the contours of my nip exactly, and is pretty noticeable because of it. The other side looks great...can hardly notice the scar.

I would like to go out on the boat, but I've heard that sun can permanently change the color of the scars to make them more noticeable. Planning on waiting untill August or so. ANY suggestions on how to go out sooner would be greatly appreciated.

Don't think Doddy meant any harm. Graham has a tendancy to...well...I dunno...be discouraging sometimes?

No offence taken by me from anyone. None meant to be given. 8)

-Brown

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Innocent statement was made and you jump to attack. Do you not have anything better to do?

You're right, arguing over this is indicative of "not having anything better to do" - what exactly are you doing right now?

I thought Graham's response wasn't totally necessary for this thread. Nor are you. Take it to PMs if you are hell bent on continuing wetting your pants over it.
etc.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
Hey brown,
im three weeks post-op and I im massaging everyday in the morn and night. I have some HARD scar tissue under my left nip..  Its shapped like a vein or something when I massage for 20 mins it feels like its gone but then by night its back...I was wondering if you or anyone reading has had anything like this and if so how long b4 it leaves?

Offline sadwithgyno

• Posting Member
WHO DID YOU GO TO FOR YOUR SURGERY?

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I'm massaging with "cocoa butter with vitamin E". About 10-15 minutes per side. Start at the nip, and massage outward over the entire pec area. Start with a light touch, and gradually work up to a deep massage.

Not swimming yet. One side has a scar that is far from invisible. It does not follow the contours of my nip exactly, and is pretty noticeable because of it. The other side looks great...can hardly notice the scar.

I would like to go out on the boat, but I've heard that sun can permanently change the color of the scars to make them more noticeable. Planning on waiting untill August or so. ANY suggestions on how to go out sooner would be greatly appreciated.

Don't think Doddy meant any harm. Graham has a tendancy to...well...I dunno...be discouraging sometimes?

No offence taken by me from anyone. None meant to be given. 8)

-Brown

why do you massage each side separately. you can still do 10 mins. a side in 10 min total.
luckily...you do have 2 hands dude
... and the saga continues

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
ps. looking great at 4 weeks.

a little better than I did, but a fukkin ton better than I'm looking at 11weeks:(

(and.. no I dont have a digital camera to post any pics yet...and no my surgeon cant do anything at this stage he says.. he says to give it 6 months to see what the body does, then he can intervene..grr)

but dont let me detract from praising your results man.
because theyre great, and kinda what I was expecting, since my pre-op chest was very very VERY similar to you pics 1-4.

catch ya

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
When you guys mention scar tissue are you talking about on top of your skin or that hard tissue underneath?  As I've said before, I have the hard healing tissue underneath my skin, all over my chest.  Is there any way to massage this to maybe make it softer over time?  

I'm fairly certain that my chest will have this rough tissue for a matter of months but I'd like a way to hopefully shorten that amount of time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 11:26:41 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline rcbrown23

My scar tissue right now is the very dense tissue just beneath the surface of the skin. It is right where the gland was, around the incision, and one side I have it pretty much all over my peck (more work was done).

It is softening by the day. The massaging is REALLY helping, and the contours look almost perfect. You can see a bit of the lumpy scar tissue on one side. The other looks great.

Monzo...yes, it softens after the massage, then hardens again in the following hours. After every massage, though, mine seems to go away a bit. Maybe I'm just a fast healer.

TonyS...I think about your situation a lot. I know what your talking about, and I'm still taking every precaution I can. I will not celebrate untill week 6, just in case something were to go wrong in my healing process (late bloominng scar tissue). I've never heard of anyone say it got worse after week 6. Actually, your's is the only case where I've heard it got so bad after so long. I don't know what to tell you, except I'm sorry and that really sucks.

Nukem...Yes, that's the tissue I'm talking about, and YES, massaging it is the way to get rid of it. Cocoa butter with vitamin E. I'm also taking vitamin E tablets and zinc tablets to help the immune system and speed up the healing process. It's not a must or anything, just what I'm doing.

I've been "weening" myself off the compression vest. I'm now wearing it a couple of hours during the day (around the house), and at night. I figure I'll drop it for good in another week or so. I may be paranoid...but better safe than sorry.

When week 6 comes around and I'm still looking good...I'm going out and getting laid ;D

Peace.

-Brown

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
RCbrown,  who did yr op??
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Nukem...Yes, that's the tissue I'm talking about, and YES, massaging it is the way to get rid of it. Cocoa butter with vitamin E. I'm also taking vitamin E tablets and zinc tablets to help the immune system and speed up the healing process. It's not a must or anything, just what I'm doing.

How much zinc and Vit E do you take daily?  Before my op I was taking 400mg Vit E three times daily, as instructed, but after my op I have stopped.  I still have some so I am going to continue to take them.  I'll go pick up some Zinc at Walgreens.

Also, what brand of cocoa butter with Vit E do you use?  I've never seen this stuff before so what should I look for?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:24:31 AM by nukem2k5 »

Offline rcbrown23

I'm taking 50mg of zinc daily, and 400i.u. of vitamin E. Some days I switch off and just take a multi-vitamin. Some will argue that it won't do anything...but it's good to take anyway, and if it helps in the slightest, I'm happy.

Cocoa butter with vitamin E is actually pretty common. Go to walgreens and they have thier brand. It's cheap and seems to work...it's by all their other lotions and crap. You'll see it, it big letters that say "Cocoa Butter" then underneath it says "with vitamin E"

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Brown is what I call the poster-child for successful glandular tissue removal.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Brown is what I call the poster-child for successful glandular tissue removal.

word to that

Offline rcbrown23

I'll gladly accept that name...but it did come with a grain of salt.

Remember that this was not my first operation, and I had a miserable year waiting out the sh!tty results from the last op. That also means that I spent the money for TWO ops, and one was from $Bermant$. I'm now in debt over my head.

Oh well, all that's behind me now...except the bills.

-Brown

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024