Author Topic: True Gynecomastia Gone, Pseudogynecomastia Remains  (Read 2589 times)

Offline John86

• Posting Member
Last September I underwent a lumbar discectomy, before that I was very active physically, but afterwards I went through a period of inactivity where I gained weight and also, to my surprise, two hard, painful lumps growing under my nipples.  My nipples also seemed to have gotten larger and "puffier", which is particularly noticable when warm.  Eventually I went and saw an endocrinologist who confirmed it was gynecomastia and sent me for some blood tests.

When I saw him again, the lumps had practically gone (which he guessed before I told him based on my test results).  I was so relieved when he told me within a month or two they'd be gone entirely that I forgot to ask any further questions.

Unfortunately I still have the unsightly, puffy nipples.  If the gynecomastia goes away on it's own do the pseudogynecomastia symptoms soon follow it, or can they be permanent?  Worthy of note that I had hoped losing my weight would rid me of them but it hasn't; I'm at 11% bodyfat at the minute so if it's a contributing factor I can't imagine it's a large one (I was able to resume exercising in January).

I mention the exercise only because the endocrinologist was never 100% sure what caused this in the first place, but it seems to be too much of a coincidence that it happened at exactly the same time I was laid up.

Any information would be deeply appreciated, I've been going nuts trying to separate fact from fiction online.

Offline John86

• Posting Member
Does it normally take this long for a reply, or do the members of this forum simply not have the answers I'm looking for?  If more information was required I'd have been happy to provide it.

hammer

The reason someone has not replied is that there may not be anyone that can help with your question! I am replying just so you know that you are not going unnoticed.

Have you posted this question on ask a doctor?

Bob

Offline John86

• Posting Member
I haven't but will do so now, thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024