Author Topic: Thinking about surgery. Pics.  (Read 4363 times)

Offline bluekarma

Hey Guys new to the site.  Have been reading the posts on here for the last few days.  Its nice to see there are others out there:)  I am 32 and have had this since 13 or 14.  I am thinking of getting the surgery soon, little nervous about everything.

I am in Toronto and just wanted to know what you guys thought and if you think I could be helped.  The left side is worse than the right.  Sorry about the pictures but the phone is all I had.

http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb336/bluekarmaj/

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
What you have is definitely fixable and I think you'll be really happy with the results as well... if you're thinking surgery... there's Dr. Fielding in Toronto and Dr. Lista in Mississauga, those two are your best bets.. Lista is more expensive however but he uses a different technique... good luck!

Offline bluekarma

Thanks for the reply!  I have an appointment with fielding this Friday, kinda excited to see what he says.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
He's a great guy and very knowledgeable... you'll be in good hands.

Offline bluekarma

Went to see fielding today.  He seems like a good doctor and good guy.  I am booked for surgery for Jan.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
He is a good guy.  I just got it done by him in October and it's by far the best $2800 i've ever spent.  I'm in the healing process right now which isn't fun.  Very little pain left, but swelling is still there.  You will be very pleased.  There is currently a hip-happening "Dr Fielding" thread in the Canada section if you have any questions

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I just got it done by him in October and it's by far the best $2800 i've ever spent.

JCF's lipo fee is getting up there...   :o

However, it's still a small price to pay for 'Peace-of-Mind'...   ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Lista is more expensive however but he uses a different technique... good luck!

It's not that Dr. Lista is 'more expensive', it's just that JCF can make a claim to OHIP for all surgical fees except lipo, on your behalf... I'm sure the full cost of surgery of both surgeons is similar...

GB...

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
I just got it done by him in October and it's by far the best $2800 i've ever spent.

JCF's lipo fee is getting up there...   :o

However, it's still a small price to pay for 'Peace-of-Mind'...   ;)

GB...

ya i;m not sure if we are talking about the exact same thing. I got l
everything done, including gland and lipo for $2500 + 13% tax.  Like i said well worth it...

you were one of my original helpers on this website.  thanks for the help so much!

Offline bluekarma

Ya.  It is going to cost me around the same for lipo and gland extraction.  Do you have any before and after photos?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

JCF's lipo fee is getting up there...   :o
However, it's still a small price to pay for 'Peace-of-Mind'...   ;)

GB...

everything done, including gland and lipo for $2500 + 13% tax.  Like i said well worth it...

you were one of my original helpers on this website.  thanks for the help so much!

Hey no probs my man...  ;)   Just paying it back...

This is how it works with JCF...  The patient pays for the lipo portion of the procedure... In your case it was $2500 +tax...  (I paid $1280 tax in... back in '05). Then JCF makes a claim to OHIP on your behalf to pay for the excision and all other hospital fees... The total cost for Gynecomastic surgery would be much more than $2500... I would have to take a guess at approx $6000...

GB...

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member

JCF's lipo fee is getting up there...   :o
However, it's still a small price to pay for 'Peace-of-Mind'...   ;)

GB...

Hey no probs my man...  ;)   Just paying it back...

This is how it works with JCF...  The patient pays for the lipo portion of the procedure... In your case it was $2500 +tax...  (I paid $1280 tax in... back in '05). Then JCF makes a claim to OHIP on your behalf to pay for the excision and all other hospital fees... The total cost for Gynecomastic surgery would be much more than $2500... I would have to take a guess at approx $6000...

GB...

ya sorry many, didnt mean to sound hashd.  I'm sure in 5 years it did go up some.  Especially being a plastic surgeon..kinda make up your own price as you go.  Either way really worth it in my books.  I can't wait for the nipple welling to go down....as i'm feeling like i did before with the puffy nipples :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

ya sorry man, didn't mean to sound harsh.  I'm sure in 5 years it did go up some.

No probs my man... no offense taken...

Especially being a plastic surgeon..kinda make up your own price as you go.

This is especially true of JCF... He seems to pick a number out of thin air... Very erratic to say the least...

But hey... like you mentioned... best $2800 bones you ever spent...   ;)

One guy 'Freezer Burnt' (no longer on the site to my knowledge) paid $800 in '04... A few months later, I had my surgery done for $1280... and we were very similar in gyne severity... this didn't seem right to me... However, I'm not complaining... I'm Gyne-Free now and am very grateful to Dr. Fielding for fixing me...

As for the swelling... it will go down dude...  just be patient my man...

GB...  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024