Author Topic: Please help me  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Sporty

• Posting Member
Hi everbody,

Its my first ever post. I've had gyne since i was bout 14 and i'm now 21. I like to participate in many sports and have mastered the art of hiding my gyne while getting changed in the dressing rooms.

Hopefully somebody can help me find a good surgeon in the Republic of ireland (I live in Dublin) who has knowledge in dealing with gynecomastia. I read about the great Levick and was thinking of flying over for the op but it would cost a lot of money to do so.

Any information would be greatly appreciated !!

???

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
  • boys with breasts.. yeah right... whatever!
    • pics pre and post Op
babe, welcome to the forum, if u just brows the pervious posts you will find all the answers you need.
have A nice weekend

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Howdy.

Not sure about any in ROI, but I would definetely reccommend travelling to see someone you know to to be reputable and experienced on the main land. This is certainly an issue in which you want to play it safe.

s.

p.s like you i'm also 21 and have almost mastered the art you mention.  ;D

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Hi Sporty,

I'm from Belfast and have opted to travel to Birmingham for surgery with Mr Levick. I looked at options in Northern Ireland and found them to be as expensive as travelling to England, and they seemed to be carried out by general plastic surgeons without a lot of gyne experience. I don't know what the situation is in the Dublin area but I would doubt it is any less expensive. As serg has said, you need to have confidence in the surgeon who you opt to go with and reading past posts will give you plenty of options.

Ryanair fly from Dublin to Birmingham for as little as €0.74 + tax, so going over for a consultation needn't be that expensive. For your operation, I would suggest travel by Boat/Rail: you could go from Dublin - Holyhead - Birmingham + Back for as little as £75. You'll also need about 3 nights B&B in Birmingham, I wouldn't recommend making the journey straight after surgery. So the extra cost would be about £200-300.  In my opinion, given the cost of the surgery, this would be money well spent to get the job done right. You are 21: I'm having my surgery next wednesday, a few weeks before my 31st b'day, if I could have had my 20's without Gyne, I would have been prepared to pay 6 fortunes.

Hope this is of some help. Good luck.

Merv.

Offline Sporty

• Posting Member
Cheers guys for all the information.

Looked into travelling to Birmingham to have the op done with Levick and figured it will cost me overall about €5500. This money in my eyes will be money well spent if the op gets rid of my man boobs. I am hoping to take a bank loan out to cover the expenses !!

I was just wondering if there is an experienced gyno surgeon in the Republic of Ireland then maybe i could claim from the VHI (private healthcare company in Ireland) ??

Merv_UK:   Please let me know how you get on with travelling over and back. Best of luck  ;)

Cheers

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I was told not to fly after the surgery it supposedly could cause bleeding, (due to cabin pressures, im not sure.  Im due to see Levick on Thursday so im travelling by train from Scotland.

Also flying though i dont fancy explaining to a guard to go easy on frisking me after the metal detectors in the airport.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024