Author Topic: Being in the sun  (Read 2431 times)

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
I read somewhere that you should keep your chest out of the sun for 6 months to avoid permanently altering the skin pigmentation. is this true anyone?

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
You are talking post-operatively right?

I don't know about UV light altering skin pigmentation, this is not something I have heard or read about.  Neither was this mentioned as a caution by my surgeon.

However, I know that external scar tissue and any UV light, either by the sun or sun beds don't get on.  UV light can make scar tissue look more prominent, so yet, it's best to avoid sun beds and direct UV light by the sun for a few months.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
2 months......
I hope ...lol. as i am off on my hols 2 months after surgery...and top will be off...lol

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
yeah same as mate I cant be doing with wearing a t shirt on the beach. I only read it on some random site, its the only place id heard of it.  thought 6 months was a bit extreme. thanks for the reply phantom

Offline markashleigh1979

where you off? ;D

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
majorka! what about you mate?

Offline markashleigh1979

Lanzarote for two weeks in june ...:) . I can't wait , plenty of women, drink, sun ...and best of all the world cup on big screen tv's.....lol.
I have been hitting the gym like mad and can't wait to stand proud without a t-shirt...lol

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
nice one mate sounds good. So how long post-op are you? how long did u have to wait to hit the gym hardcore? i havent had my op yet :|

Offline markashleigh1979

I am three months post op and i hit the gym after 4-5 weeks. I am now training to full intensity :) . I am going bacl for revision surgery next month though :(...lol
Good luck with yer op mate

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
thanks. you too for your revision

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024